Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • RS Pike Air Shafts
  • fathomer

I need a new fork and I’d like a Pike but it needs to be 130mm.

I know the part number I need for the change (11.4018.026.010) and I’m pretty sure I can do the change myself.

Problem is the part, none of the LBS’s have been helpful, Loco’s a very busy man and unless it’s from the States I can’t find them online!

If anyone can help, that’d be great 😀

BadlyWiredDog

You can buy a longer one and machine it down – I’ve just done that to reduce a 26″ 150mm Pike to 140mm. There’s an online guide if you google for it.

fathomer

I’m sure you can but unfortunately my machining skills are the square root of zero 😀

Yetiman
    Free Member

My Pike 29er 150mm air shaft is a chopped 160mm one but it was supplied by Loco so that’s not really helpful, sorry. Have you tried TF Tuned or any other suspension service and tuning companies?

robhughes
    Free Member

Zee germans usually have them.
    I’ll have a look for you.

fathomer

Cheers, but I couldn’t find them, maybe my googlefu isn’t with me today!

robhughes
    Free Member

Here you go.Found them for you.
    Yours should be in there.
    link
    Found by doing a google (singletrack pike air shaft) search.
    God i have a good memory… 😉

fathomer

I had found them but out of stock like everyone else.

robhughes
    Free Member

Fail. 😳
    There’s a big polish site that sells them.I’ll try again. 😉

BadlyWiredDog

If I read your part number right, you need the 140mm 26″ shaft – I think they’ve only recently started doing them I think – there’s a new 140mm Pike dirt jump fork right? – but if you can find a 150mm 26″ shaft, you simply need to remove 10mm from the bottom, I think the thread is long enough that it doesn’t need to be tapped, so it’s just a question of shortening and installing. I’m guessing it’s for a 650b?

I went through the same thing looking for a 140mm 26″ shaft and eventually ended up doing that because at the time, they simply didn’t exist in the real world.

Have you been in touch with LoCo?

robhughes
    Free Member

^ Loco.He did one for me.He’ll get you what you need as well.
    Give him a call.
    Job done.

fathomer

BadlyWiredDog – Member
    If I read your part number right, you need the 140mm 26″ shaft – I think they’ve only recently started doing them I think – there’s a new 140mm Pike dirt jump fork right? – but if you can find a 150mm 26″ shaft, you simply need to remove 10mm from the bottom, I think the thread is long enough that it doesn’t need to be tapped, so it’s just a question of shortening and installing. I’m guessing it’s for a 650b?

Correct, however, like I say I won’t be doing any chopping myself, don’t have the tools and definitely don’t have the skill.

Loco’s busy moving workshops so isn’t contactable. I’ve emailed him about another issue but haven’t had a reply, which is understandable.

I may buy a cheap cheap stopgap until I can easily sort the parts needed.

Thanks for the responses.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Any LBS will be able to order you in one if they have a Fisher account

650b, 130mm is, part number R8026010,, Its out of stock
    26″ is part number R8026011, out of stock

No dates shown on them

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

What size fork you after? I am after a 130mm 29er Pike, Fisher have confirmed this is the stock part I’d need for that. http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk//product.asp?category=840&part_no=R8026000A&find_category=&find_description=&find_part_desc=R8026000A

TF will do a travel change by machining the existing one down for £60.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘RS Pike Air Shafts’ is closed to new replies.