Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • RS Monarch Rt3 Debonair
  • agnik1
    Free Member

I need advise with setting for the shock. I know that it has 3 settings (lock,open and trail) but no matter which setting I put the shock into it behaves like its in open mode. I tried to change the pressure (up to 320 psi) but this didn’t change anything.
    My previous shock (Fox ctd), when it was in closed position it practically didn’t move at all (it was VERY firm)
    This is a new shock (still with warranty) and I was wondering if it should behave this way or should I hand it back/repair it.

z1ppy

3 modes should be noticeable when pressing the saddle, yours doesn’t sounds right. You can add RS o-rings to change the behaviour of the shock stoke but that doesn’t sound like your issue, unless your a big lad or lass 😉

koldun
    Free Member

Sounds a bit odd. Could be faulty but you could try letting the air out then pump it in 50psi increments compressing it at every 50. I had problems getting my sag set properly and Google finally turned up some information about having to get air into the negative air chamber to get the shock set properly.

agnik1
    Free Member

#zippy I’m not a big lad (around 75-80kg)
    #koldun Yes I have tried to release air and then slowly pump it in, and I didn’t have problem with setting sag, is just that the shock always moves, no matter the setting.
    Assuming that the shock is in lock setting it shouldn’t move.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Following this thread 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

The shock will move in the locked position, but not as much. When riding the difference will be noticable, but if you’re just pushing down on the saddle with your hands you might only notice a little more resistence.

koldun
    Free Member

#agnik1 – Sorry, i was not very clear, not pumping slowly, you need to compress it past 15-20% a few times during pumping apparently.
    As warpcow said, it will move in all 3 settings but should be noticeably different. Also, just in case, your moving the lever and not the dial behind the lever right? 😉

agnik1
    Free Member

#koldun Yes I understand what you mean as slowly 😉 and I’m not playing with rebound.

#warpcow Yes I can fell a small difference when pushing by hand but it is berly noticeable and when I was riding I saw that the shock was moving about a sag distance.

thenorthwind

I have the same shock and have found the same (though haven’t put that much pressure on it). It’s my first full-sus and I was a bit taken aback at first, but assumed it was just how it’s meant to work. The difference between the settings isn’t obvious from sitting on it, or even riding at first, but over time you do notice it.

So be patient, or, mine’s as f**ked as yours.

bigjim

Lock out isn’t a total lock out but it should be really slow moving. It will sag though.

If you are sure you have pumped up from low pressure working through the travel as you go to equalise the chambers then it sounds like it’s bust and a warranty job. Fishers should get you a new one by midsummer if you keep your fingers crossed

agnik1
    Free Member

For me it moves as quickly as if it were open. I did the low pressure thing adding air a few time until the sag was set.
    Today when I was trying to set the sag again, and after sitting down on the saddle the shock suddenly sank down to below 30% and stayed there. So I pulled the rear end of the bike frame and the shock returned to normal. This happened twice. This leads me to think that the shock is faulty.

RickDraper
    Free Member

What tune is the new shock?

agnik1
    Free Member

It is medium rebound and medium compression.

darrenspink
    Free Member

It’s screwed, get in touch with the supplier and get it sent back and replaced under warranty.

You should notice a big difference in party mode / trail / lock and it certainly shouldn’t remain at any level when compressed.

agnik1
    Free Member

Yes it was realy strange when the shock stuck.

damascus
    Free Member

My lock out makes my bike feel like a hardtail.

agnik1
    Free Member

My old shock does the same, that’s why I asked for help.
    Okey I decided to send back the shock.

Thanks for all of the input.

bigjim

I think the middle o ring of the three has perhaps been damaged, I caught mine when sliding the sleeve back on and it made the shock sink down and return very slowly, and whatever the pressure the shock just went through the travel. I replaced it and all was good again

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘RS Monarch Rt3 Debonair’ is closed to new replies.