Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RS Monarch Plus RC3 – Knocking feel/sound??
  • cyclelife
    Free Member

I’ve got a problem with the shock on my Mega 275 2016 Frame (RS Monarch+ RC3), it’s started making a knocking noise (you can also feel it) as the the stroke changes from compression to rebound. I have checked everything else it could be and I’m 100% its internal in the shock body.

Suggestions what to do or is it normal?

andysredmini
    Free Member

It’s very a common problem. Send it back under Warranty it is the only real answer.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Yep common, was told it was normal, never rated the debonair plus as much as the monarch plus it replaced.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will be in touch with the shop in the morning.

windysurfer
    Free Member

I’d love to know what is causing this,I’ve got an out of warranty one with exactly the same issue

rickon
    Free Member

James at Jtec will fix it, and tune it for about £40, if it doesn’t need a service.

variflex
    Free Member

Had this problem and Fishers replaced the whole unit under warranty as they couldnt get the individual parts for months. Very good service from them. Originally I thought it was the reverb as it has some “squish” in it, but it turned out after having the reverb replaced to be the shock. Bloody annoying it was on any bumpy downhill. Good luck

darrenspink
    Free Member

Very common. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=monarch+debonair+knock&oq=monarch+debonair+knock&aqs=chrome..69i57.7007j0j4&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

The reason, it’s a shit design.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RS Monarch Plus RC3 – Knocking feel/sound??’ is closed to new replies.