Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rs Maxle
  • covertbaz
    Free Member

Ok, so perhaps I just don’t get it, but why is tightening the Maxle on my Rs pikes such a PITA? I mean tightening is Ok, but getting the lever to close in an upright or horizontal position, yeah right! Checked the videos and get what I’m supposed to do but taking it in an out to adjust is also a PITA

And after overtightening today I’ve managed to destroy a set of bearings in my wheels?

Love the forks, but so much more of a yeah you guessed it PITA over my old Fox 36s

Educate me please!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And after overtightening today I’ve managed to destroy a set of bearings in my wheels?

No you haven’t.

You set it the first time you get it, and it sits in the same position thereafter, take the time to set it properly.

wiggles
    Free Member

Just look at how out it is.
    Ie 90 degrees from straight when tight, then take it off then use the numbers to rotate 90 degrees and voilà.

Northwind

The only way you could destroy the bearings with the maxle is either if the wheel’s assembled wrong or you managed to crush steel.

bomberman
    Free Member

Im not really sure what you mean by “getting it to tighten in an uoright or horizontal position”

I use the notch to get it tight and then flip it closed in the position i want it. You can use the rebound adjuster hex key to set the tension (ie how much it clamps shut when you close the lever down).

*Edit i have revs not pikes so sorry if thats completely useless

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rs Maxle’ is closed to new replies.