Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • RS Domains or other 170-180 single crowners
  • Euro
    Free Member

Anyone using Domains? How do they ride?

Alternatives? Which would make a good second hand buy? Anyone selling?

Cheers

kimbers

personally id go with some marzocchi 66s just avoid the 08/09 ones unless they have new internals

XXX
    Free Member

I have some brand new 170mm fox 36 van R’s for sale. They were taken from a 2011 specialized enduro evo. £475 posted….

I had a par of Domains some time ago, never felt that good on bigger hits. You either ran them with so much compression damping that the fork felt wooden or put up with frequent harsh bottom out.

jonk

i have some 180’s with motion control and they are not a plush as my van 36’s nor are they as good at dealing with multiple hits like going down a very rocky track but they cope well with large hits better like drop offs or getting a road gap wrong and landing to flat. They are very good for the £300 i paid for them.

lungman

If any good I have a pair of totem coil with DH damper for sale. As new 2 rides old, tapered steerer. Mail me if any use

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have 160 u turns with mc, when set up properly I think they are a fantastic reliable strong fork for the money. Second hand they are unbeatable value .

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses.

Tapered steerer is a no go sadly.

Northwind

Lyriks can be extended up to 180, incidentally- though I’m not sure if that still works, it definately works with older ones.

Basically, get the best damping you can, it’s a lot of travel and presumably you’ll be using them hard otherwise why bother? Domain 302s are for the mad, 318 (motion control) is up to the job but still not brilliant. RS Mission Control and Fox with lots of letters in is what you want really, or a good Marzocchi.

Euro
    Free Member

They’re to replace a set of 36 Talas (150mm) which are on the miniDH. I’m using full travel far too easily despite getting them TF tuned to suit. I upped the air bit by bit and it helped a little but made them feel crap. I’m hoping an extra 20-30mm travel will mean I can get some plushness back.

Euro
    Free Member

Jonk YGM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘RS Domains or other 170-180 single crowners’ is closed to new replies.