Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RP3 losing air
  • cb

Sorry that no bike thieves or stolen Mojos are contained in this thread…

I seem to be able to get around 160 PSI to remain in the shock but no more. I pump up to approx 200 PSI (I'm not light!) but it soon drops back to 160. In fact if I pump up to 200 then immediately re-apply the pump, it reads 160 again.

Is it a TFT job or I am missing something?

glenh
    Free Member

Of course it doesn't read the same if you take the pump off and then re-attach it. A fair portion of the air in the shock with have gone into the pump to pressurise it.

Pump it to 200psi, leave it a few days (and/or ride it). Attach pump. If it still reads 160psi, then it's fine.

coatesy
    Free Member

And if you're still convinced it's losing air, then remove it and submerge it in water(remove the valve cap in case it's leaking there) and check for tell tale bubbles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cb

thanks

downshep

Had the exact same thing on the same shock. It was on an end of season sale bike that may have been sitting for up to a year. Anything over 160 and it dropped back almost immediately.

Thought it might have dried out a bit so I unscrewed the air can and applied Judy Butter to the white nylon ring and black seal. Added a few drops of Cross Country wet lube inside the can too. Shock now holds pressure and has worked perfectly for 4 years.

jeb

As downshep, writes, try to take it apart, and give it some lube, that a cheap, and easy fix.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If its not holding pressure after the air can lube up, check the valve core, the inside can work loose. Had it on my float rl once.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RP3 losing air’ is closed to new replies.