• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by sv.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RP3 Airsleeve leakage Q.
  • sv

Just carried out an air sleeve seal replacement service (my first one). It still is not holding air, does the air sleeve body itself have a seal on the outside where it increases in body width?

robhughes
    Free Member

Hi sv. there,s a service guide on you tube.
    Hope this helps…

boxelder

The visible seal is just a wiper seal – not air tight.

sv

Thanks guys – not entirely sure what I am looking is a seal! All the wiper seals and interior seals have been replaced successfully. The one I am concerned about is on the outer air can body, basically the black can. On the high volume version the body has a step in the middle of the can. The different sized tubes that make up the can have a seal between them, it's a hard insert. Just don't know if air can leak through this. Did use the Fox guide for instructions. Emailed Mojo to check.

Konastoner
    Free Member

SV,

Pump your shock up, remove from bike and place in a tub of water. You'll soon see where the leak is comming from, it will probably be from the can seal / O ring which is inside where the can screws into the the body.

coatesy
    Free Member

Another likely culprit is a faulty/loose schraeder valve core.

sv

Did the sink full of water check the only bubbles where from this mystery 'join' there wasn't a lot. It'll maybe bed in doesn't seem to be dropping the pressure tonight.

Thanks all.

(valve core checked as well!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RP3 Airsleeve leakage Q.’ is closed to new replies.