Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RP23/Propedal switch, adjust on the move?
  • scrumfled
    Free Member

So, I’ve become a traitor to the hardtail world and gone low end FS. The shock on this is an RP23 and the fox manual says “only adjust when you’re not moving”. My question is, is that a liability thing, or can you do any physical damage to the shock by adjusting when you’re rolling.

nuke

Does it mean switching propedal on and off or adjusting propedal level (1 to 3 setting)? If its the former, on the fly is fine, if the latter, it could be fiddly to adjust whilst riding so probably better to stop.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I always adjusted mine on the go, it blew up – After about 4 years hard use.

mcnultycop

My RP2 manual says “for adjustment in the fly” in one place, then a safety warning saying “don’t adjust on the fly” elsewhere.

I do it and haven’t died.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I think they are mainly trying to avoid lawsuits from people crashing due to trying to adjust fiddly shocks on tricky trails rather than being worried about it breaking. Early dropper posts without remotes had the same warning for the same reason.

devash
    Free Member

Never had an issue adjusting the on / off lever on the go on mine, but as has been said, the propedal level knob (adaptive logic knob on the newer ones) would be pretty tricky to adjust on the fly.

gren
    Free Member

RP2 here and is fine switching on the move – not that it’s used much.

Be careful not to kill yourself when bending down to reach it though!

scrumfled
    Free Member

thanks, kinda confirmed what i thought.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RP23/Propedal switch, adjust on the move?’ is closed to new replies.