Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • RP23 strangeness
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Alrighty folks! Yesterday my 09 rp23 was not performing very well, in fact it was horrid. Every bump or rock felt like it had a flat tyre, really didn’t give me any damping what so ever, played with pressure and rebound to no avail! I noticed a bit of oil around the lever and rebound etc……I know its been cold etc but i had this same shock last year in same conditions and it was fine, it was serviced in june and was fine up until this cold spell! Does it need servicing or shall i just wait till it warms up andd see if it changes? It really felt strangw yesterday, propedal doesn’t seem quite as firm either, felt like I was riding a hardtail on rocky stuff so something ain’t quite right! Ideas?

stooo
    Free Member

prob worth giving mojo or TF a call… they’ll know what’s what. Also, if not serviced since June, and it’s been ridden quite a bit, it’s quite possible it needs a service again.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers stoo, will see if i can get in touch, could it just be the cold weather though?

rickon
    Free Member

Give Simon a ring at Loco tuning, he’s very reasonably priced and his turn around is very quick too.

http://www.locotuning.co.uk/

Everyone on STW has only good things to say about him, and so do i 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers guys is anyone else experiencing strange behaviour in cold weather or is that just coincedence?

scruff
    Free Member

Cold weather can split seals and / or thicken oil especially old watery oil.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘RP23 strangeness’ is closed to new replies.