Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rp23 spewed red oil , pro pedal stopped working , can i still ride it ?
  • jambonsambo
    Free Member

As in the title , My Fox Rp23 started to spew oil from behind the propedal lever . Now the propedal lever has no effect .

What I am wondering is can I still ride the bike until i get it fixed or is there a chance I could damage the shock or bike further ? I want to use the bike this week and wont be near the bike shop until the week after ,

Thanks

J

nickhit3
    Free Member

I wouldn’t take the chance personally. Get it fixed. If you ride it and die, don’t come crying to me..

patriotpro
    Free Member

Exact same thing happened to my RP2. You’ll prob find the rebound adjustment has no effect either as mine was like a pogo-stick.

You wouldn’t do much more harm than already has been done tbh but there’s no way i wanted to ride mine like that.

A service should cure it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That fluid will be the damping oil, flushed out under pressure from the aircan. Most likely an internal seal has gone, so it’s a service job.

It’s probably okay to limp home on, but you do risk damaging the internals of the shock if you ignore it.

jambonsambo
    Free Member

Thanks

I think ill leave it off for a week and wait until i get it serviced so

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rp23 spewed red oil , pro pedal stopped working , can i still ride it ?’ is closed to new replies.