Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RP23 shock, how's yours?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

ordered an asr5 frame recently and this comes with the RP23 shock, maiden ride today but can’t figure out the difference when I flick the shock switch either way, tried with different PSI still the same result, it is really plush on downhill section though literally all I could ever ask for a shock, I’m just expecting that it goes stiffer on the climbs 🙁

joolsburger
    Free Member

What have you set the dial to?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Mine’s like that.

I even sent it to Mojo as a warranty check and they told me the shock was set up as a light tune and was too light for my weight. I thought it was odd as it came fitted to an XL frame.

They said they would re-tune it for £40, which I thought was a bit of a cheek. But I didn’t seem to have any other option, so went for it. Made bugger all difference.

I just have to live with the fact that its great on the downhills but there is practically no effect when I switch pro pedal on!

The old system was much better. I actually prefer the old triad, with a definite open/pro pedal/lockout. My old rp23 on my Orange 5 worked fine, this one is crap!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

left – right flick switch.. then that thingy you pull and twist.. 0, 1 and 2 , it is very weird that I cannot feel any diffeRence… I have RP2 and CTD and i notice difference when i flick their switches 😐

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@Mary Hinge? is it worth it? the £40 retune.. I am very happy with the stock tune in mine now.. literally felt was made solely for me… the rear sticks to the ground regardless of bumps or terrain, felt like i am just gliding. perfect! and don’t want that tune to be messed up.. a little help on the climb would be helpful though.

Also, when you flick the switches left and right, very soft feel.. unlike my other shocks.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any of yours noisy?

Mine works, but isn’t as noticeable as the AFR I had on my Enduro before, or the DHX air I had on my ’06 Enduro

nuke

Mine knocks in the first part of the travel when the Propedal is turned on, fine when off…is due a service though. Definite difference when Propedal on and off and between the 3 settings

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I agree I have never noticed any difference between the different settings… Load of BS if you ask me, There are three setting positions and mine has never sat in 3, only 2 different positions (even from new) so who knows?!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Had One for 4 plus years. Two settings on the leaver allows two settings. The firmer one is not a lock out more climb assist. The red nob sets how fast it rebounds. You should set the air pressure to get two distinct rides. I’m 75kg and use 130psi. Start with the red knob fully open then add a couple clicks. Test and adjust on the trail. If your not feeling any difference I’d suggest you have too high a pressure.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

@wolfenstein – not worth it! Barely any difference. Feel a bit ripped off as the shock was fitted to a XL frame so I’d expect it to be tuned to the frame size. Not impressed with Mojo tbh.

And yes, flicking the switch is not very positive, a bit woolly!

It’s fine on the downs and proper offload bits, but pro pedal simply doesn’t work. It would be nice to have some firmness for fire road and road sections.

My wife has a Triad her older Stumpy, and I have had RP23s on a couple of other bikes so know the old ones were good. But this new type of pro pedal is rubbish.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

shocks has no noise at all. I run 30% sag..as i’ve said shock is perfect tune in open position for me… just lacking propedal or climb assist (whatever it’s called) .. should I ring CRC about this? I bought this frame+shock from them couple of weeks ago.. or is this normal for RP23 shock to behave this way?

chip
    Free Member

My rp23 I have the pro pedal set at 3 and there is a lot of difference between that an open.
    I leave it open most of the time, but sometimes forget to put back to open after a climb, only soon reminded as instead of the normal plush ride I start to get bucked out of the seat as if being kicked in the behind.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Mines fine (rp23) with a definite but small difference between off, 1, 2, and 3, by the time you get to 3 its reasonably stiff.

@Nuke according to Mojo a slight knock with pro pedal on is normal.

@Rob no noise from mine so it might be an indication of cavitation.

andylc
    Free Member

I can convince myself going uphill that maybe pro pedal makes a tiny difference. It’s so subtle that I often forget to put it back and don’t notice for ages! Otherwise I love it, massive upgrade from the Spesh AFR Brain I had before it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RP23 shock, how's yours?’ is closed to new replies.