Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RP23 on Alpine 160 help needed
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

I’ve been running my Alpine 160 with the standard RP23 on the back. And I seem to have to put a lot of air into it to achieve a sensible amount of sag 180+psi for my 15 1/2 stone, anything lower and I end up with 50% sag and tend to go through all the travel on the smallest stuff. The problem is at those pressures I don’t seem to be able to slow the rebound down enough (remains pretty fast regardless of how many clicks I use). I’ve recently started playing with the Fox Spacer kit but this doesn’t seem to make much difference.

I’ve never had any problems setting up RP23s on previous bikes and even had my DHX Air running sweet on my old Mongoose.

Just wondering what pressures people have to run theirs at and if they have any problems. Does it need a tune or service? I can’t really afford to replace it in the next 12 months as saving for a house.

Any advice and recommendations of places to get it serviced greatly accepted

Tom Kp

johnhe

I have an RP3 and seem to need 180 psi to achieve decent sag. Seems like an awful lot to me too.

seanodav
    Free Member

could it be stuck down possibly?

dirtyboy

Sounds like you need to fit a volume spacer inside the air can edit!
    I must read op properly…. Doh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RP23 on Alpine 160 help needed’ is closed to new replies.