Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RP23 – Oil Leak/Sag issues???
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

Recently had an Rp23 pushed by TF Tuned and it made a big difference to the ride. Got ‘ideal’ 15mm sag on my 575 by running 220psi as reccomended by TF. Problem is last time i attached the pump some green oil/fluid came out the valve of the shock now when i put 220 psi in i only get aboput 6-7mm of sag? I’m by no means a suspension/mtb guru but is there something a miss here???

Your thoughts welcome chaps…

sslowpace
    Free Member

Have you lost weight or carry less kit at the moment?

Have you tried running the shock at 210 or 215 psi to see if you get the correct sag? Just to check that propedal is off when setting sag?

gizzardman
    Free Member

Unfortunately not lost weight! Same kit and PP off as usual… it’s v. strange?? I’m going to give TF a bell in the morning but thought i pick the stw guys’ brains first??

mrfrosty
    Free Member

The fluid that came out of the valve is more than likely float fluid, which is lube for the air seals inside the air sleeve. so will not effect what psi you run if some is lost (although air sleeve servicing should be done from time to time to replace it). Is the shock making any noise when compressed ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RP23 – Oil Leak/Sag issues???’ is closed to new replies.