Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • RP23 BV v Van RC
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

im thinking about changing to a Van RC on the rear, im finding my shox goes through the travel pretty fast.
    have any of you lot changed and what do you think, im not the smallest of men so i do tend to plod on up hills but i dont want to make it much harder.

chris

z1ppy

Have you also considered having the RP23 PUSH tuned to suit you/your riding style?

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’ve done just that on my Orange 5 same problem blows the mid travel , no problems with the Van R, I’ve a PUSH’d one from TFT set for trail riding with a Ti spring, more grip and climbs better.

carlos
    Free Member

Had the same issues with my RP23 HV shock on my Heckler. Sent it off to TFT for a service and had it pushed to suit me and my style at the same time, totally different shock now, much much better.

Can’t comment on the Van rc though

BadlyWiredDog

Ditto on the Push upgrade on the RP23, mine used to blow through its travel too easily and if you set it up so it didn’t, it was then way too harsh. The Push mods sorted it out nicely.

Lummox

I experienced the same problems with blowing through travel, i had the rp23 on my five altered in both aircan size and tune, in the end i replaced with a van r and it was the best thing i have done to the bike, superb absorbtion on the downs and fantastic grip (it feels) while peddling up and along. My shock came with a factory pro pedal tune and after fitting this i’ve not refitted the rp23 once.

Dino
    Free Member

If u don’t mind the very small weight penalty I’d fit the van,
    u could have it tuned but why spend the cash when u could put it towards another shock?
    You could move either on depending on what u settle on all part of the fun

cubemeup
    Free Member

cheers guys think i’ll be getting a Van RC then

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Mr Loco of this parish was stocking Diverse shocks. Desperately good value as they came with a Ti spring. Might be worth a consider as an alternative?

LoCo
    Free Member

Cube and I have chatted about options, the shorter length Duelers are still in devlopment, I should have test versions soon hopefully 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘RP23 BV v Van RC’ is closed to new replies.