Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RP23 bushing replacment
  • J273
    Free Member

This maybe a dumb question?

Ive just bought 2 bushing and bushing tool from ebay just gone to fit them thinking the bushings needed replacing and found i need to replace the plastic bit inside the bush which is where theres play.

Can anyone tell me what this is called and where to get one?

Thanks

wysiwyg
    Free Member

tftuned

Painey
    Free Member

TF Tuned are a good place to look for replacement shock bushings and mounting kits. You can normally find what you need in there. My advice would be to upgrade the mounting kit as it makes the bushes last longer.

richmtb

So you replaced the top hat reducers?

You need to replace the DU bush as well.

Tftuned or Loco will beable to supply the correct DU bush

pedalon
    Free Member

Just for clarity, is the play between the plastic part and the bush or is it between the plastic part and the fixing bolt?

If you removed some spacers from either side that part is an axle.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I assumed as he got a tool he did the DU and its the hardware thats got play?

J273
    Free Member

The plays between the black plastic part and the fixing bolt

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If the plastic part is a tight fit in the DU thats ok. The hole is just a clearance hole. Its the frame pushing onto the plastic bit that keeps it tight. The bolt just pushes the frame onto the hardware.

pedalon
    Free Member

^ what they said. It kind of sounded as though the OP and gone to fit the bush but found play elsewhere so didn’t.

TfTuned mount kits are great though, I know the older enduro benefits greatly from the increased ease of rotation of the shock mounts the axle and spacers allow vs reducers. Though it is already axle + spacer at the bottom mount as stock on the older ones…seems to be the same from that pic.

patriotpro
    Free Member

search ‘katec’ on ebay, about £2.50 for a pair of metal bushings or £3.50 for polymer.

J273
    Free Member

Ah ok thanks guys

I thought it was the bushes that needed replacing but after taking the shock off found the bushes are ok and it’s just the bolt within the plastic where there’s play. Ill have to find the correct torque settings for the bolt to see if that’s cures the play as I don’t fancy over tightening it being a carbon frame.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

BETD do a special “roller bearing” one for Enduro frames, I think.

bigyinn
    Free Member

They do, the sealing was poo and it corroded quite quickly. I’ve been using their strong bushes coupled with their hula hoop bushes quite happily for a few years now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RP23 bushing replacment’ is closed to new replies.