Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RP23 2011 or CTD evolution 2014
  • jonundercover
    Free Member

Hi,

I currently have an RP23 2011 rear shock on my stump Evo, always been happy with it and just had it services at Loco, like new again. My mate has offered me a CTD Evolution 2014. Any idea which is best? The RP23 seems to have more settings and the CTD seems a bit dumbed down.

cheers

euans2
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to stick with the RP23

jonk

CTD Evo shock isn’t too good compared with the RP23. It has a better lockout than the RP but the damping isn’t as good.

jakehinton
    Free Member

cheap rp23 on bike-discount.de

under a hundred quid for some sizes

devash
    Free Member

When I was looking for a rear shock to upgrade the basic one on my Camber I spoke to James at J-Tech and he recommended going with a RP23 over the CTD. I haven’t regretted it, great rear shock.

chestrockwell

I went from a RP23 to the 2014 Evo CTD when I changed bikes. Can’t say I’ve noticed that much difference to be honest, both do the job pretty well although the CTD goes from stif to mid to soft in definite steps where as the RP23 went from trail to descent in a more subtle manner.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Better off getting it properly tuned, or PUSH tuned even. If you haven’t already. Will make a big difference as it turns it from a general fits-everyone shock to specific to you and starts to feel good on the trails.

Or… get a CCDB 😉

walleater

I went from a 2014 CTD Evo to an older RP23 and had it tuned for me. First ride on the RP23 and I kept on looking down at the rear tyre as it felt like it had lost 10psi of pressure. So much more refined and faster acting than the CTD.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RP23 2011 or CTD evolution 2014’ is closed to new replies.