Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RP2 Rebound 'creep' ?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

i’ve got a pushed RP2, fairly recently (in riding hours) serviced by loco. the rebound knob seems to creep up to highest speed during reasonable use.

can anyone explain? anyone had the same?

i guess it could be sticky against the propedal level in one direction so switching between open and pp could cause it.
    i should try a little slacken-off and clean/lube of the nobs i guess too
    bit of a mystery…

jamiesilo
    Free Member

just give this a little bump

bails

I get the same on my RP23. Set the rebound in the middle, then realise after a while that it’s gone all the way in or out (can’t remember which)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’d give loco a call as he is likely to know why.

stevede
    Free Member

My rp2 used to this on my camber, you had to be really light with the pro pedal lever or you ended up going a click of rebound every time you flicked pro pedal on or off (can’t remember which way).

jamiesilo
    Free Member

that sound hopeful then, thanks steved
    i’ll get em cleaned.
    not that i really understand shock internals but it feels intuitively wrong that it would be anything form the inside.

Blurboy
    Free Member

I had the same on my RP23, to the point where in Spain after much flicking of pro pedal switch, the rebound was so fast it tipped me over the bars in an unweighted moment. Can’t remember which bolt to tighten but it is possible to make the rebound knob less easy to ‘self adjust ‘ by tightening the relevant bolt. This seemed to work as the problem went away. I think from memory it was Mojo who suggested this.

coatesy
    Free Member

Tightening the forward facing grub-screw under the rebound adjuster will tension the spring that loads the detent ball that gives you your clickiness. You won’t need to tighten it much, experiment with small adjustments.

NormalMan

Pretty sure I had the same thing with the triad II on my Camber. Use of pro pedal with gloves on lead to moving the rebound adjuster.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RP2 Rebound 'creep' ?’ is closed to new replies.