Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Royal Succession changes (RANT)
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

PS: Boris Johnson is a horse?

BermBandit
    Free Member

D’you think we’ll ever get a black, gay atheist for a Queen?

Well who knows what’ll drop out given the shennaigans the royal prodgeny get up to?

convert

Well who died, and made you arbiter of what’s right or wrong?

Richc – the op is expressing his opinion about how he would like the country he lives in to be structured on a mtb forum. This is not a precursor for national change – just a bored bloke mouthing off to a bunch of other bored nobodies. Why do you find it so objectionable for someone with (what you claim to be) a minority opinion expressing it? Is it because it is not the same as your own?

BermBandit
    Free Member

Why do you find it so objectionable for someone with (what you claim to be) a minority opinion expressing it?

Self Evident: He’s a royalist

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno why people start threads like this.

Yes, we know some people don’t care about Royalty. We also know some people do.

If you don’t care, don’t post about it. End of.

philconsequence
    Free Member

molly you started a thread about which car to buy even though you’ve got no intention of buying a car, and then you ask why someone starts a thread posting an opinion?!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t, don’t care QUITE enough to not post about it…

BermBandit
    Free Member

If you don’t care, don’t post about it

Precisely, thats why I do, I object very bloody strongly to the bottom dwelling scum suckers leaching off me and mine.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

YEAH! ME TOO! Sort of….

richc
    Free Member

Precisely, thats why I do, I object very bloody strongly to the bottom dwelling scum suckers leaching off me and mine.

Well you know the old saying, ‘if you don’t like it; **** off’ as they were (and can prove it) here first, and the majority of the country doesn’t want them to change.

What makes your opinion worth more than everyone else’s? As you are coming across as a narcissistic megalomaniac

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m related to the queen

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m related to one of the “pleasurers” of the Queen’s former namesake…

anagallis_arvensis

If you don’t care, don’t post about it

What he said!

What makes your opinion worth more than everyone else’s? As you are coming across as a narcissistic megalomaniac

what does a narcissistic megalomanic mean?

Anway someone accused me of being anti democratic because I cannot stand royals and would like to be rid of them???Its not like they were elected. What are you smoking, surely the point of a democracy is that I am free to express my minority view and if i want to, try and convince others I am correct.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Well you know the old saying, ‘if you don’t like it; **** off’ as they were (and can prove it) here first

With all due respect no they can’t, they are Germans who are relatively new imports into the country. Phil is a Greek.

My family are Scottish borderers and can be traced back a looooooooooong way further than that……

……and thereby hangs the tale, the whole myth relys on them being in some way “special”, and the reality is that there is no test where they stand up under scrutiny as being anything other than just like anyone else, with the exception of the ability to con people into believing they are special.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve seen Braveheart, i know exactly how nasty the british royals are, pushing your sons gay lover out of a window isnt the sign of a nice person from where i come from.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Happens all the time in my street

richc
    Free Member

My family are Scottish borderers and can be traced back a looooooooooong way further than that……

So you think you can trace your family history further back than 847? ………. really ……… you honestly believe you can?

I thought my family was doing well with records going back to 1692, but to have records going back 370 before the Magna Carta is pretty amazing.

So to prove this isn’t just internet BS, do you have any proof?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, mine goes back to the fifth century, apparently. I think it’s in that wikipoedia thingy.

(Goes and has a look)…

philconsequence
    Free Member

HTH x

BermBandit
    Free Member

So you think you can trace your family history further back than 847? ………. really ……… you honestly believe you can?

You might want to study here for a while Especially the bit about the family names Saxe Coburg-Gotha and Hanover

PS: 1326 is the offical date that the clan (with incidentally the same name from then to now) was first recognised, and your point was I believe not how far back the family history goes, but that the Windsors were here before me thus I should **** off.

convert

If memory serves she is the 30 oddth great grand daughter of Alfred the Great which is I presume where you are getting that date from. The snag is the bit of history lesson that I dragged that fact back up from also claimed something ludicrous like 5 million (or was it 50 million, I forget) people worldwide can also claim that accolade. Most of em interestingly live in mainland Europe. Queeny is just great at having serfs to keep the record of descent to prop up her case.

richc
    Free Member

I think one is more accurate, if you want to see the full tree back to 847

http://www.britroyals.com/royaltree.htm

If memory serves she is the 30 oddth great grand daughter of Alfred the Great which is I presume where you are getting that date from

True, which brings the discussion back nicely to the title about succession; it doesn’t matter what claim you have to the throne there is an order of succession, and she is at the top of that list.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apocrypha:

Landowner to Rambler: Get off my land.

Rambler to Landowner: Oh yeah? So how come it’s YOUR land, then?

L to R: My ancestors fought for it.

R to L: Well, take off your coat and I’ll fight you for it now 😆

nomakoman
    Free Member

😉

BermBandit
    Free Member

Tenuous links

William 1st

Richard 1st

Jame Stuart

George 1st

We can all claim that your dog smelt my dogs bum and therefore we are related, but are we really?? Direct line of succession back to 847 ??? Like the man said so are 50 million others, so your point is precisely?
    Its more like the Royle Family IMHO

richc
    Free Member

We can all claim that your dog smelt my dogs bum and therefore we are related

You do know, that not how mammal reproduce don’t you?

Direct line of succession back to 847 ??? Like the man said so are 50 million others

You do know what succession is don’t you? It doesn’t matter if you can trace yourself back to Alfred the Great, if your great-great-great……. grandfather wasn’t the first son you don’t qualify for shit, and you can throw as much as a strop as you like, but the Queen is going to come around to your house and give you the throne because life is so uuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve was born in aldershot, do i win anything?

convert

if your great-great-great……. grandfather wasn’t the first son you don’t qualify for shit

Ahh, this is where your history might need a little work. To get where we are now the “king makers” had to dodge that rule once or twice.

BermBandit
    Free Member

To get where we are now the “king makers” had to dodge that rule once or twice.

Precisely!

Like I keep saying, when you actually get to it none, and I mean none of the arguments actually stack up other than actually they are no different to the rest of us. So unless the argument is that we are totally egalitarian and the Royal Family is inteneded as some living form of the “unknown soldier” for our head of state, then its utter toss.

anagallis_arvensis

you can throw as much as a strop as you like, but the Queen is going to come around to your house and give you the throne because life is so unfair

You really dont understand do you 😆 , bless

emsz
    Free Member

Isn’t it true that there are more germans with a claim to the throne than british people?

I’d be happy with the immdeiate family being kept, the uncles and anuties and all their butlers and servants we can get rid of. Oh, and they get to live in just one house like the rest of us.

+1 on being a citizen too

Dobbo

I would just like to state that I also think the royals are scummy parasites who deserve the guillotine, just for the record when it comes to the final count.

cheez0
    Free Member

**** HELL, THE VERY IDEA OF ROYALTY IS SO WRONG ANYWAY WHO GIVES A SHITE ABOUT MAKING A FEW CHANGES ROUND THE EDGES? IN FACT WHY BOTHER WITH ANY CHANGES AT ALL ITS NOT LIKE THE CONCEPT OF ROYALTY IS FAIR ANYWAY……. MAKES MY PISS BOIL

You are Prince Charles and I claim my £5

zippykona

Oh be nice.

geebus
    Free Member

Not bad keeping the same job for 60 odd years…. not many miners could claim that, mark you different reasons though.

From what I’ve read etc, they generally did/do play a reasonably active part when they’ve been in the armed services.

Of course I’m sure a lot of it is what they want us to hear – but then I doubt they wanted us to hear about the drugs, dressing up as a Nazi etc!

MSP

Can we at least agree the prince Philip should be taken to the tower of London and shot from a giant catapult, while Chinese tourists blast him with shotguns as he sails through the air.

At least then the royal family will be making a real contribution to their claimed effect on tourism.

BermBandit
    Free Member

From what I’ve read etc, they generally did/do play a reasonably active part when they’ve been in the armed services.

If you actually believe that you are frankly potty.

Have a go at getting your kin into Sandhurst with a grade B in art and a D in Geography at A level, and then see what happens when hes in Afghanistan and the Taliban get to hear of it. Let alone try to get into Apache training.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Royal Succession changes (RANT)’ is closed to new replies.