Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 'Royal Racing' quality of shorts
  • prezet
    Free Member

Anyone else bought Royal shorts? I bought a pair of the latest Matrix a few weeks ago and the quality of the stitching is awful. Internally there’s unfinished threads everywhere. Looks like it was put together by a blind person.

I put this down to that you don’t really see the finish internally when you add the liner shorts. But I tried these on for the first time yesterday and the seams already have signs they won’t hold out for long.

Externally they look ok. But don’t know how long they’ll hold up. Bit disappointed for £54. And thinking about sending them back – but not sure if CRC will accept them now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Had a similar experience with their gloves. Fell apart after 4 or 5 rides. Won’t be making that mistake again.

grum
    Free Member

I’ve got some Royal shorts that I really like, and they’ve held up well. They were only about £20 on offer too.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I had bought a pair of Royal shorts a few years ago and they were great – excellent cut, well made and really cheap. Bought a pair of Matrix shorts about a month ago, however, and have exactly the same problem as you – there are loose threads all over the place.

Really not very pleased with them – the pockets are particularly bad – but I’m also not sure I can return them now. It’s a shame, as they’re really comfy and look great too.

z1ppy

grum – Member
    I’ve got some Royal shorts that I really like, and they’ve held up well. They were only about £20 on offer too.

Were they the CRC ones RD posted a PSA about ages ago… inner liners were terrible but the shorts have lasted well (showerproof and v light).

grum
    Free Member

Were they the CRC ones RD posted a PSA about ages ago… inner liners were terrible but the shorts have lasted well (showerproof and v light).

I think so yeah. I normally seem to shred shorts pretty quickly but they’ve done pretty well. Inners seemed ok to me as well though.

JonR
    Free Member

I’ve no complaints about the gloves, I’ve had a pair for a while and they seem to be holding up pretty well, unlike my last Fox pair.

prezet
    Free Member

I think I’m going to try to return mine – if CRC refuse then I’ll return them direct to Royal. The more I think about it, the quality really is sub-par. Maybe it’s just this batch of Matrix’s.

wrecker
    Free Member

The exact opposite experience to me then JonR!
    I had the Royal mercury gloves, the velcro tabs fell off and the stitching came away pretty much everywhere. In contrast my Fox sidewinders are going strong with 10 times more use. They still look perfect.

munkyboy
    Free Member

My matrix shorts are pretty poor, what is with the cheap and sharp closer? It’s like something from cheap school trousers. The set of gloves I got where appalling and lasted about 8 rides before the seams split.

Yet I have dh shorts which are 3 and they take a total kicking and are stIll perfect (apart from the rubber crown bit that fell off…..)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘'Royal Racing' quality of shorts’ is closed to new replies.