Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Royal Mail Track and trace
  • billybob
    Free Member

Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

So I'm waiting for something to be delivered that was dispatched yesterday, wondering where it is just cos I'm impatient & bored & it turns out I can only find out where it is in the system once it is in my possession?

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE POINTLESS WASTe Of TIMe!!!!!!

Drac

Yeah always made me laugh.

midlifecrashes

Ah, but it's even better than that. "delivered" in your sentence is RoyalMailSpeak, not English "delivered", and has the rather odd meaning of having been loaded on to a van, whether or not it's arrived to you. Caused me a fair bit of panic when I checked to see how far my new frame had got to see that RM were telling me I already had it. I hot footed it down the depot to find out this lovely bit of doublespeak and the frame didn't arrive for another 36 hours.

billybob
    Free Member

Are Royal Mail complete & utter fcktards?

My package has arrived at the sorting office… however mr health & safety concious postie doesn't want to carry too much weight so rather than bring it to me I have to go to the sorting office…. but I can't go today.. I have to go tomorrow!

unts the lot of them… why can't we have some sort of competition for them?!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

To be fair billybob, it's probably not the postie who doesn't want to carry your parcel. It's probably his boss who is scared of the claims for unfit posties with bad backs in later years.

Still could be worse, rumours from my postie is they are introducing wheelie trollies like the USA and they'll never carry bags again. So the rounds will take twice as long, and where do you 'park' your trolley whilst you go in a block of flats? Oh yes, they are now pairing up posties, and have them in a little van too. Sigh!

Regarding competition – the big companies only want the money making sorting machines, ultimately the postie will still be employed to deliver all the various postal companies envelopes/parcels 'cos that's the expensive labour intensive bit they don't want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail Track and trace’ is closed to new replies.