Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Royal Mail RANT
  • enfht
    Free Member

After living at the same address for 10 years my postie all of a sudden will no longer deliver recorded mail to my front door on the second floor, I must now instead meet them at my block's main entrance on the ground floor. This apparantly is now the "Point of Delivery" ffs.

Is the poor bastard over-tired because of all the striking he's doing at the moment or should I be more sympathetic?

druidh
    Free Member

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Smee
    Free Member

LFC syndrome – Lazy Fat ****.

cynic-al
    Free Member

But there's 7 letters in "courier" ❓

Junkyard
    Free Member

rip it out of his hands run upstairs shouting that your front door is your point of signing

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and mine won't deliver to my bedroom so I have to get up when it's not even dole day 🙁

enfht
    Free Member

When I politely requested he come upstairs he said "OK I'll leave a card and you can pick your parcel up from the Sorting Office". I came down, signed for the envelope and then discovered it was meant for a different address so I lobbed it back out the window at him

postierich
    Free Member

Letter boxes in communal hall downstairs,if item needs signing for I am not climbing X amount of flights of stairs for people to sign for them, they come down for the items(unless they are good tippers @ xmas!) 😉

Geo route (Pegasus) only gives you enough time from the path to the front door!

Strike tomorrow and its going to be a sorcher,riding my bike all day 😛

Oggles
    Free Member

Better than whichever moron decided that parcel deliveries to student halls were to be picked up from the sorting office on the other end of town. Posties don't even carry the parcels, just drop a red slip through the letter box. I had Thursday mornings off last year so tried to order stuff to be delivered then, it took a few deliveries before I realised.

Nothing against posties like, ours at home is a great lad.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Round here the point of delivery is your front door not the communal door although I believe the communal door is common in England. Our postie has 6 X 80+ stair closes to climb in my block and does it most days

tinribz
    Free Member

Was sat watching tv the other day when I heard the front door bang shut, on investigation found my CRC parcel sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

Been getting a lot delivered the last few months and the wife tells me this has become normal. Was a bit perturbed at first but makes sense suppose as she works nights.

DM52
    Free Member

at least you get the opportunity to meet them at the front door. The last few recorded delivery items I have been sent all went straight to the local post office with a ticket shoved through the door saying collect them in 24hours.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We have no street names or numbers here. Our address is pretty much just "Chalet TinTin, Sainte Foy". La Poste are pretty good, but most other delivery companies don't even bother trying, so you don't even get a card through the door and the only way to find out where your stuff is is to try to figure out who's delivering it then phone them up and annoy them until they agree to at least try to deliver it.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Daresay his xmas box will be upstairs this year then?

And I have nothing whatsoever against posties, my late father was one

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I would have thought that a deteriorating service is the logical conclusion of a management strategy based on less people, dealing with the same volume of work.

Did you actually expect your postal service to get better ? 😯

But should you be more sympathetic towards postal workers ? Possibly not.

Whilst Royal Mail management can hardly be expected to behave any differently, they are after all, receiving huge bonuses for doing the government's bidding by closing thousands of post offices and getting rid of thousands of jobs in preparation for privatisation. Which in the case of Royal Mail chief executive Adam Crozier, totalled £3 million in 2007 as reward for closing 2500 post offices

The postal workers on the other hand, have no such excuses. So instead of going out on pathetic 'one day strikes' they should be doing something imo, considerably more significant to defend our postal services. WTF is the point of going on strike for a day, and then returning the next, as if nothing had happened ? ! 😯

As far as I am concerned once you have declared a dispute and decided to withdraw your labour, you don't return to work until either you have won or, you accept that you will never win.

What is the point of striking for just one day, ffs ? So not to cause too much disruption ?
    That's the whole point of going on **** strike – to cause a **** DISRUPTION ! !
    If you want your strike to be 'ineffective', then don't expect to win ! ! ! !

So yeah, next time you see your postie enfht, tell him to get his arse into gear, and organise some proper industrial action to defend our postal services – lazy git.

Because what we are now starting to experience, is only a taster of what the future otherwise holds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail RANT’ is closed to new replies.