Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Royal Mail postal service going downhill despite increased costs!!!
  • superdale
    Free Member

I have had to wait till 12:45 for the post to arrive, and then the daft postman leaves the packages on the doorstep & cannot be bothered to ring the doorbell. This has now happened 3 times so today I called him back to show him how the doorbell works 😆
    I wouldnt mind but my car is parked outside so it suggests someone is in, and if its something valuable then I dont want it going walkies without a card being left to say they tried to deliver or was given to the neighbour.
    First class now costs 60p/£2.70+ packet & Second class is 50p/£2.20+ packet so you would expect a better level of service 🙄
    Does anyone else have these problems or know what the expected service should be from Royal Mail?

wwaswas

today I called him back to show him how the doorbell works

tomorrow your post will be in a hedge 🙂

superdale
    Free Member

That would be an impovement if it was my hedge – for 6 months when I first moved in they delivered all my mortgage statements to the wrong address 10 doors away because my bank was using the plot number instead of the house number – my name was correct but they didnt stop Royal Mail delivering it to the Indian takeaway 🙂

wwaswas

I’d say they were right to deliver it to the address on the envelope, personally.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It took you 6 months to get your bank to use the correct address ? 😯

And it’s Royal Mail’s fault that it was going to the wrong address ? ……the bank’s/your incompetence is RM’s fault 😕

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It’s been going downhill for ages, I think it’s a government initiative to kill it off so it can be privatized.

I received a 1st class recorded parcel yesterday, 15 days after being posted..

And for the first time ever compensation hasn’t tracked 100x the cost of a 1st class stamp.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In their defence I ordered 2 things on Friday afternoon, both arrived from opposite ends of the country on Saturday morning.

And my postie seems to display an unerving ammount of common sense, once they’ve tried to deliver one parcel and left a note the rest get left at the depot for me to collect. And the Parcelforce man actualy asked last time I signed for something if there was anywhere else he should take the packets if I’m not in (which I’m usualy not), so now all my packets go to the post office if I’m not in rather than all the way back to the depot.

superdale
    Free Member

I agree they probably should deliver to the address on the envelope – but at what point does common sense dictate they are posting mail addressed in my name into the Banglasdeshi Palace 🙂
    Yep agree it was the banks fault only it took me 6 months to find out as I hadnt requested monthly posted statements. 💡
    I might start using CollectPlus for packages as it cheaper for heavier items plus you can track it at no extra expense.

MrTall
    Free Member

My package from Wiggle (standard 1st class post) for some reason took 19 days to show up recently. No explanation at all. Other times they are spot on and it’s 1-2 days.

El-bent
    Free Member

It’s been going downhill for ages, I think it’s a government initiative to kill it off so it can be privatized.

And we have a winner.

Marin
    Free Member

The PO are killing themselves. Last year I had post redirection paid for a year. No letter was ever re-directed and the PO after lots of complaining from me basically said “tough titty were not responsible are you cant do anything about it”
    My big brother who works for a very large internet based company called the PO in to a meeting about late deliveries and getting a better service and was told like it or lump it. He or they lumped it and moved to private companies loosing the PO millions.
    I really do not want to see another company privatised but in my experience they are rubbish and expensive.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

12.45 pah, that’s early. Since Royal Mail switched our post from a postman on a bike to a surly bloke in a van our post is now delivered at 4pm, if we’re lucky.

I have never had an issue with RM in terms of cost or delivery time. This is more than can be said for private delivery firms like Yodel.

neninja
    Free Member

They’ve put the price of Special Delivery for small packages up above the price for a courier service. Why would I want to drive to the post office when I can have someone come to my door and collect the item for a lower cost!

Given the economies of scale I struggle to understand how they can’t offer a competitive service.

postierich
    Free Member

Doorstepping an item of mail whatever the size is a sackable offence in Royal Mails eyes so the Postie is playing Russian roulette with his job.Has happened in our office in the last couple of months good honest working guys with 20 years service losing their jobs to save a few minutes writing out sorry you were out cards! have a quite word with him!

Costs are going up and standards and delivery times are dropping/getting later, due to office closures and increased workloads getting ready for privitsation, its a shame really and the unions are to blame as well as they seem to have their blinkers on as we will end up like CanadaPost fecked!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail postal service going downhill despite increased costs!!!’ is closed to new replies.