Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Royal Mail – lost parcel refund help.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi all, I sent a chainset about two weeks ago with Royal Mail using the signed for parcel service. Cover was upto £47 i think. The parcel never turned up (found out today) and Royal Mail can’t find it as delivered in their system (they do have it was last tracked in Doncaster).

Any idea how long a refund would take or how likely to receive it? I’ve not, I know I’ve been lucky, had a lost parcel before.

Thanks

Conan257
    Free Member

I think you have to wait 28 days to ensure it isn’t stuck in the system.

Otherwise, I imagine the details are available on their website…

(I have a package missing at the moment, waiting till the 28 day point before pushing it further)

Andy-R

I think that it’s 21 days before RM accept the parcel as being lost but provided you have all the proof of posting stuff they should refund you without a problem – well, they have both times that I claimed anyway.

granny_ring

How did you get a signed for parcel service with Royal Mail, is it a trade account?
    As above think it’s 28days before you can claim.

slackalice
    Free Member

Not wanting to put a downer on your various plights, however I’ve found RM to be up there with BT in terms of trying to even speak to someone in their customer services departments…

They are utter sh***e.

Not surprising really, when their ‘forward’ thinking management totally missed the boat with email about 20 years ago, they could so easily have been the worlds largest email provider. Although hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

You’ll need to wait the required number of days and then start the long and tedious process of corresponding with them. I was polite and courteous at all times, on reflection, I dont think that made any difference to the voice machines I was conversing with….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Trade account? no just paid at the post office. Think it was first class signed for. She just told me it covered the item up to (I think) £47.

Right well i will wait, buyer was brilliant so I refunded him and hopefully either I get my refund or it turns up.

letmetalktomark

Just to add a slightly different experience to the mix…..

I have found that dealing with RM over the phone to be no harder than anyone else and they were very helpful.

That said if it is lost I believe that their first “offer” is usually made up of a stamps to the value of ….

May be worth just pulling together evidence to support your claim i.e. the chainset is worth the value you are claiming for.

I have heard of folk using the sales ad/eBay ad as supporting evidence.

cupra
    Free Member

I never dealt with them over the phone but sent off the claim forms that I downloaded from the website. Obviously I copied everything I sent in case they lost it. Not one phone call and all was sorted out no problem.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. I guess I will wait and see. I will get a claim form ready and all the evidence.

Thank you

Northwind

Never had a problem with RM claims. Now DHL, that was no fun at all. Had a spell of them insisting the parcel had been delivered and signed for (“signature” was just a line) while I had the wee card that said “Sorry you were out” to prove it hadn’t been delivered. About 6 months later it got sorted.

novaswift
    Free Member

its 15 days before item is considered lost customer services 08457 740 740

granny_ring

Oh right first class then!

Covered up to £46.

rickon
    Free Member

Remember though – your claim is invalid if it is worth more than the £47.
    So be careful if you present evidence that that effect.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s ok they have found it in a sorting office near Rotherham.

Really got to say Royal Mail were great. Even called me back to tell me they had.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail – lost parcel refund help.’ is closed to new replies.