Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Royal Mail – I've supported you in the past but….
  • fbk
    Free Member

When an item I sold on eBay went missing a couple of months age I thought, not to worry – thank god I posted it recorded delivery – I would at least be entitled to most, if not all, of the value (sold for around £35).
    So, I submitted a claim along with various evidence to prove it’s value etc. 6 weeks later, I get a most apologetic letter this morning admitting that these things happen and enclosing the most I am entitled to as compensation for my loss……a book of 6 stamps – 6 STAMPS!!!!

I realise the weather over Christmas made life difficult and losses in the system are inevitable but why state on the RM website that compensation is available (I think it states up to a value of 100 first class stamps) if they are not prepared to back this up. I’d rather they’d have just ignored my claim rather than insult me with a book of stamps!

Thank god we use a different courier at work!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That type of insult is infact genius.

fbk
    Free Member

You’re right I suppose – it’s much more subtle, yet more effective than sticking two finger up at me, which is basically what they’ve done!

steveh

How is that the most you are entitled too? You have proof of postage and it’s value presumably? Standard cover is £41 now (i think, that’s what my post office always asks if its over) so you are covered up to this value.
    I’ve had to claim a couple of times and always got full refund for the value of the item plus postage cost.
    Ring them up and tell them you won’t accept it.

kevin1911

+1 what SteveH said. Otherwise what’s the point of paying extra for recorded? I’d be appealing and/or going to the ombudsman, just on principle. RM’s attitude to customers is completely prehistoric.

Raindog
    Free Member

I went to my local Post Office this week to send a small parcel (about shoe box size, worth about £130). They quoted £22 RMSD. I laughed, and sent it from work via DHL for £7. I’ll give them ten years at most. Hopeless.

fbk
    Free Member

Just managed to get 5 minutes free from work to phone the help-line…. Predictably it’s closed until Monday.

I’m off to strop and mutter quietly to myself… 😡

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’ve had a claim in since December for a damaged headset cup (goodness knows how it happened as I’m meticulous with my packing). I compensated the buyer immediately but am still £30 out of pocket. Parcelforce won’t process the claim until they hear from the buyer 🙄 . . . still, no loss I suppose – what the heck good is £30 worth of stamps 👿 (assuming they ever settle).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail – I've supported you in the past but….’ is closed to new replies.