Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Royal mail international tracked letter
  • DrJ

I just paid £7.20 for an “international tracked letter”. When I went to the tracking site it said:
    “Your item, posted on 16/10/15 with reference xxx has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in FRANCE.”

So, I suppose I can’t complain as it was indeed an international letter and it was tracked for a bit. Too bad I have no proof that it was delivered to the addressee and not thrown in a pile of burning tires.

On a more forward-looking note – is there any reasonable way to send a letter and have proof of delivery?

stgeorge

Try going to French Postal Service website and tracking there with same number.

Here I think

northshoreniall

Think will struggle getting overseas tracking for a letter – I was stung once by royal mail sending stuff home, Ireland, before. Specifically asked in when posting can it be tracked to delivery – oh yes sir, absolutely was reply.
    My arse it could, as soon as royal mail pass it on no tracking!!

woody74

Check the French post website. Chances are all the details will be there. It works with most countries nowadays.

MSP

On a more forward-looking note – is there any reasonable way to send a letter and have proof of delivery?

Put it in a cardboard envelope and send it as a parcel.

DrJ

Aah yes. Can track it via La Poste. Discovered that the letter arrived at CDG on Saturday and they took until Wednesday to deliver it in central Paris. Typical French. Formidable.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Are you a real Dr, DrJ?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

If you’ve got 15 minutes, there are a few apps that will track globally, I use one for ordering stuff from the US, as I generally have no idea who they actually ship with, until I get the parcel (by which time it’s too late!), then it’ll typically go via Germany or the Netherlands then overland to me. So it might end up with 5 or 6 different postal services, some private (DHL etc) and some that are the local equivalent of Royal Mail.

Needs a bit of setting up, but once it’s done, it works well.

DrJ

Are you a real Dr, DrJ?

What is a real Dr? In fact I chose my name after Dr Dre. Does that count?

scaredypants

In fact I chose my name after Dr Dre. Does that count?

Well I’m disappointed:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Royal mail international tracked letter’ is closed to new replies.