Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Royal mail card scam sorry we missed you! but you were in, we just didn't bother
  • kaesae
    Free Member

There seems to be a habit of royalmail giving me and other people sorry we missed you cards even when we’re in.

Today I recieved another card saying the yesterday the postie missed me, this is maybe the 20th time this has happend.

I was in all day yesterday and didn’t leave until 5:15pm, why is royalfail happy to cost people money just so that they can save some?

Is this there idea of the way a company that has a monopoly on the post in this country should be run?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/royalfail-aka-the-courier-worlds-equivalent-of-the-dodo-bird

Stoner
    Free Member

didnt we do this one last month?

I left a card…

firestarter
    Free Member

I got on of those on Fri when I was in, I went yesterday to pick up as it said leave for 72hours and it wasn’t there goin down in a bit again. Twunts

kaesae
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    didnt we do this one last month?

I left a card…

Yes we did but this time I’m search engine optimizing it, because they is PISSING ME OFF!!!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I live in a flat, which is the bottom half of an end-of-terrace house. My postie has started putting the upstairs flat’s mail through our box. He either doesn’t know there’s another flat or he’s too lazy or pushed for time to walk up another flight of steps

hels
    Free Member

This is endemic in Edinburgh – I called and complained a few times, and caught the postie at it once and asked him to bring the package with him the next day, service improved after that.

P.S I’m liking the use of “asking folk on’t forum” as a new Search Engine Optimization tool. Will post that on boring KM forums…

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve just been handed a “signed for delivery” by the postman and he didn’t ask me to sign it, just rushed off. i wonder if when i track the parcel it’ll show as signed for?

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s not just Edinburgh, this is happening everywhere, that makes it a policy!

titusrider
    Free Member

Probly best not be displaying even part of your address kaesae….

redthunder
    Free Member

Do you live in Edinburgh ?

Did’nt see post above 🙁

geoffj

It’s not just Edinburgh, this is happening everywhere, that makes it a policy!

It’s the same old problem with the royal mail – the lower and middle management are complete tools.

Luckily, my postie doesn’t play their games and just gets on with the job how it should be done.

mossimus
    Free Member

I get everything delivered to work, we are a 24/7 365 days a year company and yes I still get those nobody home cards through the door, to be fair not just Royal mail do this but other networks too, Home Delivery network appear to be the worst offenders.

project
    Free Member

Had the same thing off our postie , caught him shoving a card through , so asked him for the parcel, he said he hadnt bothered bringing it witrh him as he knew i was out working most days.

Andlast week another postie seemed amazed when i was in to take a CRC parcel 2 days late, he even had a card written out in his hand.

Then we have the dislexic postie who shoves all the mauil for a block of flats half a mile away through our door , because ghe doesnt want to walk up the road to deliver them, so i just shove them back in a post box, and he rredelivers them againn to us a few days latter.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

it’s happened to me several times in edinburgh. i suggest emailing royal mail via the comments thingy – they seemed to take complaints of this nature quite seriously – though i never followed the procedure through to the end.

wellhung
    Free Member

Never had an issue with Royal Mail when i get a card through my door just pop up the road to the sorting office pick up parcel. But with the other parcel networks whose hubs are bleeding miles away (City Link) i have major issues with.

chriswilk
    Free Member

to balance this out, our posite knows us. Last week he had a percel for us, we weren’t in, but were walking down the street. He waited for us on the doorstep.
    On 23rd dec I was out sledging with the kids at the end of our street.
    The postie walked past on his round. 10 minutes later he came down and gave me a parcel as no-one was in at the house. Coming back to me was about 400m out of his way!

Andituk
    Free Member

Ours is good, recognises me in the street if he’s got a parcel, and he’s worked out where I work so sometimes brings stuff here.

Apparently though, this is the reason CRC have started sending everything in massive boxes, means RM have to send a van with it rather than sending it with the regular postie who just shoves a card in because it wouldn’t fit in his bag.

surfer
    Free Member

My posties ace. Always brings parcels and if we are out he signs for them and leaves them behind my gate and posts a note through the door to say there is a parcel there!

druidh
    Free Member

kaesae – Member

Today I recieved another card saying the yesterday the postie missed me,

No you didn’t.

Wozza
    Free Member

Caught the postman doing this once, legged it down the stairs and asked him WTF is the “sorry you weren’t in” card all about, i’ll have my parcel please.

Err err,, well the thing about parcels is… worried face.

Lazy fecker had no intention of delivering it, he’d left it at the depo. I think it was a replacement router, it’s not like it was a frame or something bulky.

Trouble is… the alternatives are bloody expensive.

xiphon
    Free Member

Is anyone on here a Postie? Major changes within the business going on, which is pissing off many of the workforce…

My F-in-L is one, and has been for donkeys years.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

he’s too lazy or pushed for time to walk up another flight of steps

‘Lazy’ is not a word i would use to describe posties, pushed for time or knackered or saving energy maybe. But really, have you seen what they have to do? So many folks have tried and failed at the job, just too hard.

project
    Free Member

xiphon – Member
    Is anyone on here a Postie? Major changes within the business going on, which is pissing off many of the workforce…

My F-in-L is one, and has been for donkeys years.

Posted 5 minutes ago # Report-Post

So what comapny isnt haveing to make changes to survive, if they doint like the job , get another one.

As a postie manager once said we pick up the mail, in vans, deliver it to a shed sort it, then deliver it to another shed where a postie re delivers it to you our customer who has paid for the sevice, whiuch pays our salaries.

Now what is so difficult about that.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What have RM said when you contacted them with your problem?

Stoner
    Free Member

delivers it to you our customer who has paid for the sevice,

ah. that’s one of the problems. The sender has the contract with the postie, not the receiver. So it’s harder to make a big deal of it when service is poor.

If you’re upset about postie service, you need to let, say, CRC know who can then bitch slap their customer rep at RM who might make an effort to pass that slap down the line… at least that’s what would happen in a competitive commercial business…one can only dream…

gonefishin
    Free Member

at least that’s what would happen in a competitive commercial business…one can only dream…

Yes because we all know that commercial companies are just dying to take over domestic mail delivery from the Royal Mail, with the same univeral postage service.

With your knowledge of economics you must be aware that a monopoly is not necessarily bad, and competition isn’t necessarily good.

firestarter
    Free Member

Well just back they said they can’t find it so it may be lost or returned to sender as it happens a lot and can I got in touch with the sender. Problem is I don’t know what it is or who sent it 🙁

andytherocketeer

When Deutschepost-DHL (or maybe TNT) take over RM, then expect them to post a card saying you weren’t in, stating that it’ll be at the post office tomorrow, but in actual fact they’ve returned it to the sender immediately 😉

Or expect them to post a card saying you were not in 15 minutes in the future for an agreed delivery window 😉 and then expect the lady on the hotline 5 minutes later to tell you that you will not be in in 10 minutes’ time 😉

Northwind

I’ve had this as well. But I bet you a shiny scottish 10 pence piece Kaesae hasn’t had it happen 20 times.

aracer
    Free Member

Just for balance, our postie is really good – literally can’t remember the last time we had a card, as everything gets left with neighbours (sometimes I take stuff in for them) if we’re not in. That or just left on our doorstep (which I’m quite happy with given where we live – with delivery companies I usually tell them to leave it round the side of the house).

globalti
    Free Member

When I were a lad… we had a postie called Jack Randall who called us kids Master and Miss and walked miles around the village. I never asked him but I bet he could also deliver babies, calm horses, sharpen shears, do simple vasectomies and make a poultice from stuff in the garden.

Posties ain’t the same nowadays.

Stoner
    Free Member

With your knowledge of economics you must be aware that a monopoly is not necessarily bad, and competition isn’t necessarily good.

agreed – but you need a mechanism to replace the financial imperative to perform efficiently. In this case some kind of mechanism to encourage the service provider to provide the service paid for by the sender for the receiver’s benefit…

answers on a postcard awaited…

postierich
    Free Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Get off your arse and go down to your local delivery office and ask why the Postie did not bring your parcel, it is a sackable offence(wilfull delay of mail and people get sacked for it)it is gross misconduct.
    Does not happen in my office parcels to big go on the vans or if the Postie knows the customer will be @ work!
    Royal Mail has had a crack down on doorstepping(leaving behind gates, in porches)

Check your bell is working Kasea…..nocio

matthewlhome
    Free Member

My best yet was home delivery network showing on the system as card left, I was in and saw a van pull up outside and then drive off without getting out. The website said I needed to take the card to the depot or ring the number on the card!

Our postie is ace though

warton
    Free Member

Then we have the dislexic postie who shoves all the mauil for a block of flats half a mile away through our door , because ghe doesnt want to walk up the road to deliver them, so i just shove them back in a post box, and he rredelivers them againn to us a few days latter

Oh, the irony!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i live about 100m (as the crow flies) from my local city depot, and not surprising don’t experience this

but then they don’t use my usual postie to delivery parcels (he turns up at around 11:30am), instead a PO transit van is used to deliver these items at 7:30am

the method seems to work as well as suit the postie as lot of people as they haven’t left for work at that time

jupiter
    Free Member

You were probably knocking one out, splashed your muck over your computer screen and didn’t hear the postman. Or your doorbell wasn’t working.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Read a newspaper interview with a postman a few weeks back. Felt very sorry for them. There is some kind of computerised route program they have to stick to.
    They are allowed 1 MINUTE to enter your property boundaries, knock on the door, wait for you to open the door and sign, if you dont they have to write the card and be back off your property. All of that in 60 seconds.

Its important to remember its in the Royal Mail managements interest and in the governments interest to make people hate the royal mail so that the public don’t protest about selling the service to a foreign company.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353811/Think-post-bad-Heres-soon-worse.html

xiphon
    Free Member

Their PDA’s have GPS tracking in them 😉

CountZero

I have had this once or twice. The sorting office is less than a hundred yards away from work, but I live around a mile
    away. I’ve had cards saying a parcel was too big to deliver and there was no-one home, when my parents were in all day. Got to the s/office to find it was either a book or cd from Amazon both of which would comfortably fit through the letterbox. It’s just so the postie has a lighter bag. Lazy git.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Royal mail card scam sorry we missed you! but you were in, we just didn't bother’ is closed to new replies.