Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Royal Armouries Leeds. Any good?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Need a plan for a wet weather day out this week.

Will this keep kids aged 4 and 6 amused?

edlong
    Free Member

iirc (it’s been a while) it’s generally not that great for younger kids, with the possible exception of when they have “special” stuff on in the holidays, which will be outside so not helpful if you are going there to avoid the rain.

Plus, it’s in a part of Leeds where there is nothing else to see or do.

If you’re in town, the six year old might find the city museum (Millenium Square) provides some engagement, not sure how much for a four year old?

Leeds? Rain? Small children? Tropical World at Roundhay Park, innit? Only problem being that, if the weather’s crap, it will be packed..

honeybadgerx

Might be a bit young for the static displays, etc. but the live stuff (both indoors and out) is ace – last time I was there a bloke doing the jousting had his arm broken, so pretty realistic to say the least!

EDIT: I think you can tickets for just the outside displays, so could be a good option?

Harry_the_Spider

This weeks event involves meeting comic book heroes. Iron Man, Bat Man, Judge Dredd and the like. So me and the boy will be happy.

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Royal Armouries should be ok for small children. You probably won’t be able to go round all of the floors before they get bored but there should be enough to interest them for an hour or more and it doesn’t cost anything to get in.

There is a Dinosaur exhibition just opposite the Armouries with life size animatronic dinosaurs. I went yesterday. It’s not cheap (£6.95) but should be good entertainment for most kids.

Dino Jaws

woody2000

This weeks event involves meeting comic book heroes.

Where’s that H_T_S? Need to entertain 2 boys of the same age myself this weekend!

woody2000

Bugger, not on at the weekend. Cheers

Harry_the_Spider

Well that was good fun.

If you are stuck for something to do and have kids aged 4 to 45 I’d recommend it.

firestarter
    Free Member

My boy was very shy when he met his hero 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Were you there today? I thought Mrs Incredible was the best.

The guy dressed as Cyclops was in a whole world of short ill fitting costume sadness. The missus though he was a random bloke who had just turned up on a motorbike.

firestarter
    Free Member

No yesterday mate saw a lovely eastern European cat lady tho

Harry_the_Spider

Grumph! She wasn’t there today.

chudsy
    Free Member

Went today after seeing this thread. The little chudsy enjoyed himself seeing all the superheroes, but not that bothered about the rest of it though. Thanks for the heads up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Royal Armouries Leeds. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.