Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Row boat hire/rental
  • sandwicheater

Have a friend looking to hire 3-5 row boats for a wedding. Leisurely row boats rather than the racy sort.

The venue has a lake and they want to put on some boats for the guests to muck about in.

Putting aside booze/boats for the time being, could anyone suggest a place to hire them that could also deliver?

My Google foo is weak as I’ve not had much luck.

alexpalacefan

If it’s in the UK, maybe you’d be better searching for rowing boats?

APF

Stevet1
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Considering the logistics I’m going to say it’d have to be somewhere very local to be cost effective, to the point I’d say just go on ebay or apolloduck and buy a load of £200 mirror dinghies and donate them to a sailing club afterwards if no one wants them.

Putting aside booze/boats for the time being

Don’t underestimate the difficulty of swimming after a few beers (let alone doing it in a suit)

matt_outandabout

Canoe hire instead of rowing?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ask the venue if they have a contact, ask the venue of their insurance would cover it. This second question may put an end to the idea.

sands
    Free Member
    cbike
    Free Member

I reckon unlikely. You’ll need a supplier and Haulier. Location?

A HIAB truck costs approx £200 quid plus VAT for a half day move.

Traditional boat club/ rescue society? Council/youth sail training. Sea scouts/cadets often run taster days. They’d jump at the chance for a decent donation. and they’d come with RYA tickets.

Or buy a couple of £500 jobs from gumtree and resell after. Suspect costs may end up similar.

matt_outandabout

The canoes have ’history’ with this…

cbike
    Free Member

You can get insurance for anything even weddings. Just have to be prepared to pay for it.

Risk assess and reduce risk as much as possible. just because a venue doesn’t have cover for an activity doesn’t mean you cant supply it.

windydave13
    Free Member

Stevet1 – Member

sod the rowing boats, buy this

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-ot-retro-classic-80s-jet-boat

I’m a little biased, but i’ll give you a special rate on it!! 😆

Surely it has to be a Swan Pedalo though

Stevet1
    Free Member

Or how about bringing a load of old pallets and empty water containers and getting guests to make there own raft. Could be hilarious* after a few bevvies.

*by hilarious I mean “tragic wedding party death raft horror”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Row boat hire/rental’ is closed to new replies.