Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • rovel Traversee Trail
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Has any body had any prob getting tyres on and going tubeless. My mate has some and has been running them with tubes because he can’t get them to seal. I’m going round at the weekend so has any body got any tipps.

roughneck
    Free Member

Not been round yet he is still trying to get some of that blue rim tape.
    But still need some hints.

FuzzyWuzzy

Bought some a couple of weeks ago and went tubeless with them for the first time. Using a High Roller 2.35 LUST on the front and a 2.0 Mud-X TR on the rear. Only problem I had was the High Roller was a pig to get on the rim, sealed fine with a track pump though, used one hand to pull the tyre up at the valve and pumped with the other – used soapy water all around the rim to (this is sounding fruity…). I noticed a bit of leak at the valves but after some shaking the sealant around it stopped and they’ve been fine since.
    Mine came with the blue rim tape on (and the tubeless valves which inconveniently don’t have removable cores – although just unseating the tyre and pouring in sealant worked OK – just a hassle on the High Roller due to it being so tight). I also did the “inflate without sealant thing” thing first just to make sure they sealed without wasting sealant – didn’t bother inflating the tyres with tubes overnight to get any kinks out though (both are folders I took straight from the packaging).

roughneck
    Free Member

My mate said that he ripped all the blue rim tape when he first tryed to get tyres on. He’s snapped god knows how many tyre leavers.
    I’m away at the mo so I’ll go round when I get back and see if he’s got any new tape.

FuzzyWuzzy

The Mud-X TR nearly went on with just my thumbs but my hands were shot after getting the High Roller on so used the levers for a bit of extra help. Your mate must have been going at it some to rip the tape, make sure the hook of the lever is pointing up into the tyre (opposite to normal way you’d use them) which stops the end of the lever catching on the tape (obviously also make sure there’s enough of the lever end inside the tyre so the lever doesn’t just pop off the rim). What tyres is he trying to fit?

Straightliner

I’m also having real problems. Rear sealed perfectly first time, front is being a pain in the bum. It’s seated okay, but it’s leaking through the valve and spokes at the moment (I coated everything in fairy liquid to find out where the leaks were).

Might have to take it off again and have a look at that rim tape.

FuzzyWuzzy

If it’s just small leaks I’d keep swishing the sealant about inside so it gets into the valve and around the spokes (although leaking from the spokes probably does mean the tape is damaged or not central). I used a couple of full sealant scoops to rather than go for the 1 recommended on the bottle.

heihei

No problems with mine and NN 2.25 UST’s. Love em.

Straightliner

Just been out and had a look, and yes, small split in the tape which was allowing air out. Have glued and patched and it’s inflated fine and looking okay. Will keep an eye on it over the next few days to check it’s holding, but certainly looking much better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘rovel Traversee Trail’ is closed to new replies.