Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Routes you never see anyone on?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I was just thinking about Sundays ride and about the fact no one was about. When I realized that I've never seen another biker on the route I'm doing.
    It's a 31 mile Woburn/Millbrook/Woburn Loop,or 52 miles ridden from home.
    That's no one in all the years I've been doing it.

Mackem

People hide when they see you coming.

AlasdairMc

Are bikers allowed on it?

crispybacon
    Free Member

the other rides on that loop start off 30mins after you do 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There are quite a few slightly obscure footpaths around here that are rarely used by anyone. It seems rude not to.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Glentress Black.

Drac

Northumberland. Mind it was busy today being a bank holiday we must to seen almost 10 walkers it was chaos.

oldgit
    Free Member

AlasdairMc Yep perfectly legal. There's a bit of road included, but that's through Woburn Abbey which is very cool if you like getting trampled by herds of Deer.

crazy-legs

All the rides that aren't endlessly recycled in MBR.
    Even in the Lakes and Peaks it's reasonably easy to get away from it all with a bit of thought and planning, leave the muppets to go to Ambleside or Ladybower, all the honeypot areas.

If I go riding the "usual" route from Hayfield there's almost always loads of bikers and walkers. Go out the other way over towards Rowarth and it's often almost deserted. 🙂

Northwind

"Obi_Twa – Member

Glentress Black."

Ah, got there first.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

I'd be here all night – Scotland's magic! 😉

Bunnyhop

Whenever we've ridden around Marsden or Mossley ( Saddleworth moors) it's always quiet.

igm

One between Boston Spa, Bramham Park, Scarcroft, and Wetherby. About 16 miles, other people I know say they've ridden it, I see tyre tracks, but n o riders.

AlasdairMc

I did the Blackwater descent on a big loop last year, and met four people on the whole route which reinforced how awesome the day was. Fastforward to the next day, walking up Ben Nevis was like a day at the seaside by comparison.

singlespeedstu

Obi_Twa – Member

Glentress Black.

Even when we couldn't find room on the carpark we found the same thing.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I know you are probably talking about the UK, but the Montes de los Barrios just north of Algecieras in Spain was a fantastically chilled location and never saw any other riders there at all ever.

singlespeedstu

About 90% of the trails that the Bike Verbier guides take you on are not only free of other bikers but also free of anyone at all. 😀

Woody
    Free Member

Not 'routes' as such but I rarely see anyone round my way (Durham) other than on roads and the old railway lines (Sustrans routes) but then I do tend to avoid weekends and use…ahem… alternative paths 😉

Drac

Yup verbier you see the odd granny picking mushrooms and that's it.

phiiiiil

The southern end of Cannock Chase. Especially at the moment with the Monkey Trail opening there are millions of people around, but cross one more road and there's never a soul about…

Ti29er
    Free Member

Probably prophetic at this point to mention adding a mobile phone to your ride kit list, now you've said you never come across others on your trails!

nickegg
    Free Member

Doethie Valley…plenty of tyre tracks but never seen anyone there.

In a week of riding around the Tarentaise Valley in September last year we saw 1 other rider on the trails!

Just about any bridleway on a trailquest.
    Any Sunday, anywhere in the midlands and all I ever meet is other people doing the same event.
    Doesn't anybody ever ride ordinary bridleways ?

swamp_boy

Hardly ever see any other MTB ers on my routes round St Albans / Watford / Potters Bar but there are tyre marks on most of them. Used to regularly meet a guy on a road bike who was usually having a rest and enjoying the view but he hasn't been around for a while.

duir
    Free Member

Grampian mountains and eastern Cairngorms. Had a lot of rides their in the last 2 weeks and barely saw any walkers let alone MTBers. Great!

For the last 10 years or so I've done rides over Cranborne Chase mainly in the summer evenings after work.

Rarely do I meet anyone except the occasional dog walker near the villages.

The total number of proper MTB riders (i.e with decent bikes and equipped for long rides) I've met over those 10 years is still in single figures.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Routes you never see anyone on?’ is closed to new replies.