Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Routes Round Herefordshire Worcestershire Boarder?
  • Richie_B

Can anyone recommend any Mtb routes, ideally near Bringsty Common? Ideally 15-20miles long. I’ve slowly been exploring and have found a coupe of good trails round Alfrick and the Suckley hills but I’ve also found axle deep mud, bridleways blocked by padlocks, barbed wire, felled trees, hedges laid to block the track, and generally people who would prefer it if the bridleway didn’t go through their back garden/farm.

I have this irrational belief that there should be some brilliant rides round there given the landscape but I’m starting to lose heart

enigmas
    Free Member

There’s plenty of stuff on the malvern hills, stay clear of the ridgeline as they’ll be plenty of walkers but stick to the lower wooded paths and follow your nose and there’s dozens of trails that can be linked together.

Stoner
    Free Member

cheeky trails rools apply.
    Ignore it’s access designation, ride whatever looks ride-able.
    Seek forgiveness, never ask permission, never apologise 🙂

Richie_B

Used to those rules but I’m riding with 1No son so trying to keep it legit (or at least with sufficient run off to avoid conflict). Pretty much confined to weekend and holiday period riding so so far I’ve avoid Malvern hills.

aracer
    Free Member

Particularly in Herefordshire where they appear to have an aversion to BWs (I’m generalising based on the ROWs on the Malverns where BWs turn into FPs at the county boundary).

Don’t let that stop you riding the Malverns, just pick your routes and times. Early or late always tend to be fine. If you have to ride in the middle of the day then head to the South end where it’s always quieter. Though it’s worth pointing out that at least IME the tales of conflict are overblown – sure it’s a pain on the Northern bits because they’re so busy but the vast majority of people are very friendly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Routes Round Herefordshire Worcestershire Boarder?’ is closed to new replies.