Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • routes north of reading???
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    Fancy a ride outside of Hampshire this weekend. What’s good for a 20-30mile ride, with free parking and good scenery? Willing to drive up to an hour. Any suggestions welcome.
    Cheers

cinnamon_girl

The Chilts!

Edit: start at Watlington.

daftvader
    Free Member

And go where??? anyone got a gpx??

cinnamon_girl

Yep, loads. Will e-mail some, please be patient!

daftvader
    Free Member

Ooooo ta!!

cinnamon_girl

Yep, loads. Will e-mail some, please be patient!

cinnamon_girl

Now sent. Bimbo alert. 😳

😆

daftvader
    Free Member

Many thanks for that…Got them and now comes the task of the computer numpty (me!!!) to get them onto the garmin…..

cinnamon_girl

Do you have mapping software?

daftvader
    Free Member

only the garmin stuff, but its really easy to get the files onto the machine, just had to save them into the new file folder of the garmin whilst it was plugged in, then disconnect it and presto they were there. cant see them on garmin connect tho but i guess i will after they have been ridden.

daftvader
    Free Member

well i did the route supplied by cinnamon_girl (many thanks for that 8) ) and it ended up being a truly brilliant ride. 23 ish miles in just over 3 hours, had to stop for a rather large puncture (torn sidewall that no amount of stans will fix :cry:)also had to stop to pick my lungs up… bloody hell some of those hills are steep!!! saw a few other people on the trail, mostly walkers who were mostly polite, some horse riders who were all nice and some miserable roadies, most of whom ( apart from one who i had a good chat with and a couple who said hi) ignored me completely… whats with that??
    all in all a great ride in some rather nice countryside…
    and now for some pics!! (which for some unexplained reason are upside down and sideways?!!!?)
    [/url]DSC_0097 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oAz9tr]DSC_0099[/url] by daftvader77, on Flickr

and some of these were steeper… 😯
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/oAJXHP]DSC_0101[/url] by daftvader77, on Flickr

cheers

cinnamon_girl

Glad you enjoyed it! Please sort those pics out, I’m getting dizzy from craning my neck. 😀

My impression is that mtb’ers are not liked in the Chilts, reckon I’ve been blanked there more times than anywhere else as well as being involved in several altercations. Just keep smiling. 8)

What a pain about the tyre though. 🙁

discoduck
    Free Member

Looks like you had the weather as well

As for being acknowledged, I wouldn’t worry. I bet you made No attempt to wear Lycra and your top was probably un coordinated with your bottoms.

Roadies hate that, and motorists, and pedestrians, speed bumps, traffic lights, Zebra crossings, instant coffee………….

That sort of thing, as CG said just smile and nodd your head Nonchalantly

adsh
    Free Member

Is that middle one Warburgs?

tymbian
    Free Member

Threadjack sorry…CG any chance of said gpx file/s. I’m Banbury based and would like to hit some trails more local/ish to me other than Cannock or Swinley..

tymbian
    Free Member

Oops double post..Male bimbo alert..Mimbo??

daftvader
    Free Member

I don’t know how to sort the pics out! They are the right way up on Flickr ❓
    As for the roadies I find the scowling deepens the more you are cheerful 😈
    Adsh yup, in the middle of the climb….

cinnamon_girl

tymbian – YGM. 🙂

discoduck
    Free Member

Daftvader, it’s the Lycra it Chafes, makes you wince and somehow clamps your scrotum to your leg, the end result is ball ache, imagine dangling your sack above the rear tyre so it gets swept betwixt the U brake and tyre it kinda feels like that, or so I would imagine, allegedly.
    This results in the Thousand mile stare, the lack of communication is all part of the “I’m racing not riding” scene,

CG apologies for my inane ramblings and the picture that you have in your head of…… Well sorry,

daftvader
    Free Member

Like that discoduck 😆 might explain a lot… don’t like the imagery 😯 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘routes north of reading???’ is closed to new replies.