Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Routes Keighley – Skipton – Barnoldswick
  • ricko1984
    Free Member

Hi,

I was thinking about doing some riding in the triangle between Keighley – Skipton – Barnoldswick this weekend.

Any good routes in the area, I’ve seen there are some bribleways/ maybe good cheeky stuff from an OS map but unsure of quality.

Will it all be a horrible boggy, muddy mess at the moment?

Thanks

Rich

woody2000

Pennine bridleway runs in that neck of the woods which is generally all pretty well surfaced

whitestone
    Free Member

A bit of everything at the moment: some like the PBW are fine as they are decent surface, others are more suited to bog snorkelling! Some of the cheeky stuff (footpaths) has better surfacing than nearby bridleways.

smokey_jo

Barlick and Earby is very sloppy at the minute.

These bits will be rideable but I wouldn’t go out my way for them.

Surely better options round Bingley..?

whitestone
    Free Member

Hmm, the bit around mile 4 (stone pit hill) is one of the bits that is very boggy. There’s a much better BW further south on Bleara Moor: up Mitton Lane, turn L at top; turn right by a stone barn then immediately L.

TBH, it’s all a bit bitty round there, fine for evening rides if you are local but I wouldn’t visit for it.

As Smokey Jo says, Bingley is a better bet, alternatively …

Haworth; Stairs Lane over to Hardcastle Crags; Widdop/Gorple Gate on the Mary Towneley Loop; turn R onto PBW, follow this N to either Wycoller or to the Laneshaw Bridge – Howarth road then back.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Harden Moor is predom all weather. it’s not massive, but is a jem especially if you like playing, just go and explore. Don’t just ride round the obvious tracks, seek out the hidden little jems, it’s a playground full of stuff. all in this area here https://www.bradford.gov.uk/media/2086/hardenmoor.pdf

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Routes Keighley – Skipton – Barnoldswick’ is closed to new replies.