Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Routes in vendee/ lac du jaunay
  • ceepers

Hey all

Just booking up a family hol at lac du jaunay in vendee for a couple of weeks in July.

Two questions…..

Any tips for family friendly rides nearby. I’ve an 8 year old and an offroad novice wife? I know I can check the tourist offices when we are there.

Second, where can I nick off to for an hour while the girls are by the pool. I know there are some trails at the lake but don’t know where to look for info.

We are staying at pin parasol campsite.

m0rk
    Free Member

There’s nice cycleways along the coast from Les Sables to La Tranche & onwards – plenty of places to stop for ice creams on the way…

It’s particularly nice around Jard sur Mer & nice through the woody bits from Le Rocher – Les Conches has the best big waves for surfing / bodyboarding

Flat as anything for ‘interesting’ riding though 🙁

http://vendeevelo.vendee.fr/

olddog

Vendee have invested massively in offroad cyclepaths. The go for miles up the coast, but also inland. Flat, smooth, very family friendly. But as mentioned above, there’s not much fun biking as it’s completely flat except in the far NE.

I personally think Les Dunes is most user friendly surf beach in the area – and a nice big sandy beach generally.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ceepers

Cheers for the help so far. Found a bit of video of lac du Jaunay trails but no idea wher they are!

Surf wise les conches and les dunes are fun – I’m a much better surfer than I am mountain biker so I’ve got that covered!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Routes in vendee/ lac du jaunay’ is closed to new replies.