Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Routes in the Peak or North York moors this weekend
  • portydave
    Free Member

Morning folks.

Down at the inlaws near Beverly this weekend and have been granted a day to my self to get out on the bike so was planning a decent spin at one of the above, or closer to home. I’ve been to dalby a few times so fancied somewhere different.

I don’t know the area at all so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a decent size loop they would recommend, the steeper and/or more technical the better.

And if anyone has any maps or gpx’s they could share then that would be splendid.

Cheers!!

enmac
    Free Member

Not done them myself but a few ideas on here:

http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_main_page.aspx

flyingmonkeycorps

What kind of distance are you after? I’d go Peak rather than Moors at the moment, the rocks make it easier to avoid the bogs.

Mowgli
    Free Member

The Moors have some great natural routes, but the ones I know of wouldn’t be much fun in the winter (e.g. Bransdale). You could drive round to Guisborough, where there’s some good semi-trail-centre riding. I’ve not been there for a few years so it might have expanded but may also have been flatened by the forestry firm. Might be worth a look.

portydave
    Free Member

Cheers folks. The peak sounds like it could be worth a shot. Any suggestions for a 15-20 mile type route?

Cheers

ahwiles
    Free Member

most of the classic Peak stuff is going to be 70+ miles from Beverley*, and the wrong side of Sheffield, are you happy with a 2hr drive each way?

(*Bamford, as an example)

flyingmonkeycorps

Yeah, but there’s not much else any closer!

The V-Graphics Peak wet loop is a good starting point, think it’s about 20k. Some bits have been sanitized but it’s still good.

http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/blog/v-publishing-blog/2014-01-20—free-download-kinder-all-weather-circuit.html

I can dig out some GPXs from rides round Hope / Ladybower too when I get home, which is a bit closer for you.

jimob
    Free Member

I’m biking in Kilburn with a few lad’s early Sunday morning if you fancy tagging along. Not big on milage but lot’s of steep technical trails around there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Routes in the Peak or North York moors this weekend’ is closed to new replies.