Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Routes in Pembrokeshire
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Going to stay at Bluestone next summer, wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some trails?
    Thanks

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve been a couple of times and there isn’t a great lot around there. Brechfa trail centre is about 45 minutes drive away, Afan is about 90 mins. Alternatively if you get the Vertibrate guide book for Wales, there’s a route around the Preseli hills in there.
    What date are you going? I’m thinking of going again next August.

backinireland
    Free Member

Start July

backinireland
    Free Member

Any one else any ideas?

geoffj

There’s some bridal ways in Canaston woods, on the doorstep for bluestone, but they aren’t great.
    The standard advice is to learn to surf or take a road bike.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Cheeky along the costal path?

enfht
    Free Member

Definitely not as you WILL fall off, but it’s well worth a trek along the quite spectacular coastal paths.

oyon
    Free Member

Grew up in North Pembs. If you want to get inventive and don’t mind mixing lots of country roads with bridleways and a bit of cheeky then you can string together lovely routes in the North of the county. If you don’t like road sections then you will be stuck!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Definitely not as you WILL fall off, but it’s well worth a trek along the quite spectacular coastal paths.

😛

cloudnine
    Free Member

I live here.. give us a shout nearer the time especially if you don’t mind early or late cheeky riding.
    Look up the knight’s way which runs from canaston to amroth. Bring a surfboard and a cx or road bike too.

russianbob
    Free Member

If you ask the chaps at howies they will recommend some stuff. Might even take you out for a ride.

backinireland
    Free Member

Cheers guys, early and late riding is always good with the kids.
    Prob be bringing a road or cx bike too.
    Might bring a surf board but living near Portrush in NI means surf is better at home.

will64
    Free Member

Learn to rock climb, surf or sea kayak. Use a road bike to stay fit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Routes in Pembrokeshire’ is closed to new replies.