Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Routes in Lomond Hills
  • framebuster
    Free Member

Anyone know any really good routes in Lomond Hills, Fife, which can take in both Glenvale and some the easier techie stuff above Falkland. Looking for about a 4 hour route?

househusband

stuartie_c is, amongst others, very knowledgeable on the area and has shown me some good bits. There’s a cracking descent off the Lomonds; heads Westwards, and drops down to a fishing loch… can’t remember name, sorry!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

The one we did HH? That descent was Glenvale I believe. I did a 4 hr or so route with Stuartie last year beginning in Markinch. Plenty of singletrack. He’ll be along soon!

househusband

The one we did HH?

Yup!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Speak to the Leslie Bike Shop guys or the Muckyriderz. These guys know just about every trail there is up there, there are miles and miles of them.

http://www.mukyriderz.co.uk/index.htm

framebuster
    Free Member

So could somebody from mukyriderz or anybody else give me a steer as to what would be an ideal route. I was thinking of going up from Falkland either on or off road. Then heading across to West Lomond. Dropping down Glenvale. But I also want to do the ridge along to Bishop Hill. How do you get from Glenvale back up and round to Bishop Hill. I was then hoping to head back over and drop down via East Lomond to the really interesting stuff above Falkland. Is this doable?

Murr
    Free Member

framebuster, when do you want to go as i could give you a tour no bother .

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just seen this thread.

My own knowledge is pretty limited compared to the Leslie Bike guys like Paul (Murr).

Would be keen to tag along though (if it’s a nice day :wink:)

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

Hi
    On the way up W Lomand peel off to the left just before the last steep bit, a small track takes you to the top of Glenvale. You will struggle to get back onto the Bishop after decending through Glenvale without a long steep push or a long road cycle.
    I often get onto the Bishop ridge from the top of Glenvale and decend down into Scotlandwell. From there you can either go along the Tetley Trail towards Glenlomand and back up Glenvale or as I do head into Kilmagad wood, along the Loch Leven trail heading towards Burleigh and back into Glenvale that way.
    IMO the decent down the Bishop has more options and is more challenging than Glenvale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Routes in Lomond Hills’ is closed to new replies.