Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Routes around Llanwrtyd Wells
  • simonjj
    Free Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of some routes starting from Llanwrtyd Wells, nothing too technical as i’ll be riding with me wife who’s not particularly confident on an MTB.
    Really want to start from the town as were staying there, rather than driving somewhere before and after.
    A 20’ish mile circular would be perfect.
    Any suggestions? TIA

Mbnut
    Free Member

http://www.mbwales.com/agents/coed-trallwm/

Just up the road so a ride to it, do a loop and ride back maybe.

Probably a couple of bits to challenge the wife but nothing crazy.

Don’t rely on the cafe being open… it might be but it might not. So take provisions, it’s a remote area.

nickjb
    Free Member

Have a look through the archives for one of the real ale wobble rides. Circular and start and finish in town. Nothing too technical. 40km but easy to shorten a little. eg:

TBH you could ride in any direction and have a nice ride

EDIT: Started browsing for my own curiosity and found this with maps and GPX for quite a few years: http://www.mbtom.co.uk/tag/real-ale-wobble/

hambl90
    Free Member

Go in the tic in the town they sell route map cards for rides starting from the town.

chrispo
    Free Member

In this weather I’d do the doethie valley loop. My autocorrect wants to write “do this” instead of doethie, which has to be a sign! It’s only a short drive or ride away.

Ambrose

Or up and down the Tywi, from Nantystalwyn to Strata Florida and back. Just so much splashy fun. Bad news if it rains and the river rises though, prepare to get VERY wet.

simonjj
    Free Member

Great stuff, thank you all for taking the time, i knew you wouldn’t let me down.
    Simon

chrispo
    Free Member

tywi track is my fave route anywhere, but both it and real ale route have to be classified as technical , red route plus, how easy does Mrs need? Doethie is fireroad and undemanding but scenic single track.

simonjj
    Free Member

chrispo, undemanding fireroad (Doethie) sounds spot on for this outing, thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Routes around Llanwrtyd Wells’ is closed to new replies.