Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Routes around Litton (Derbyshire)
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I have lived round there for years (28 to be exact!!) and am struggling to think of new “creative” rides for evenings that do not involve Brushfield. Can anyone string a decent 90 minute to 2 hour ride together from there for me?
    Thinking Tideswell Moor direction?

sprocker
    Free Member

Can’t you go over to eyam from the top, riley graves and back up from Stoney Middleton to Longstone Edge then down the steps at Monsal and back round. (bit of a sh*t/vague effort I know)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the slog to Eyam is 6 miles on the road 🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I often get a bit tired of doing the same doorstep rides on my mountain bike. For fear of getting lynched, I do genuinely believe that having a road bike to give some variety helps enormously. It’s perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but it helps me. There’s some nice roads round Litton 😉

(I nearly suggested a cross bike but thought that was a bit too much of a zeitgeist answer)

😀

As you were

sprocker
    Free Member

Down the monsal trail off after that book shop climb up that track which takes you onto the back road out of the golf course. Along the road a bit then descent through endsor. Past chats worth house through the grounds on to beeley moor. Left out of the gate and them down the descent through beeley plantation. Back over chatsworth down golf course descent or the other one and on to the monsal trail. Maybe a bit longer than a couple of hours

hatter

Thought your thread said “Routes around Luton” for a second, was about to make a smartarse ‘what tyres for dirty hypodermics and bullet casings?’ comment.

Litton looks much nicer, I suggest you stay there and ride… and don’t go to Luton.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Routes around Litton (Derbyshire)’ is closed to new replies.