Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Routes and riding spots in Yorkshire, around Malham Tarn??
  • domjohn123
    Free Member

Heading up to Yorkshire at New Year with some friends and family, just wondering if any one new of any good riding spots around the Malham Tarn area?

thanks 🙂

Dom

grumm
    Free Member

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=28018

Not mine and only ridden parts of it but looks good. Try a search on there for malham too there's a few routes. Nice riding round there – not much that's too technical ime but enough to be interesting and very scenic.

domjohn123
    Free Member

cool, thanks grumm, ill have a proper look at that tomorrow. it would be nice to get some reasonably technical or flowy descents. sounds good though 🙂

ChrisE
    Free Member

There is loads of fantastic riding around Malham. Just checkout an OS map, all the bridleways on it as good. The landscape is very open so your only problem is wet and windy days.

C

nosemineb
    Free Member

join the dots between [Without using tarmac where possible] Malham, Arncliffe, Starbotton, buckden, Kettlwell and Kilnsey crag. And miss some out to make it shorter. Pack your granny ring!
    Enjoy
    Sorry i cant be more precise but the bridleways should be pretty easy to find on a map.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Not mine and only ridden parts of it but looks good. Try a search on there for malham too there's a few routes. Nice riding round there – not much that's too technical ime but enough to be interesting and very scenic.

Agree with the route to & from Settle, ridden similar route several times.

grumm
    Free Member

cool, thanks grumm, ill have a proper look at that tomorrow. it would be nice to get some reasonably technical or flowy descents. sounds good though

I dunno where you normally ride but I'm comparing it to the Lakes where I usually ride and it tends to be less steep/rocky in the Dales generally, but that doesn't mean it's dull.

domjohn123
    Free Member

Kool, I will do some more investigating 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Routes and riding spots in Yorkshire, around Malham Tarn??’ is closed to new replies.