Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • route recommendations that include carlton bank DH
  • jpacey
    Free Member

The ard rock video has got me interested.

Cheers

Terra
    CrispyCSW

Chop Gate – Seave Green – East Bank Plantation – Urra Moor – Clay Bank – Broughton Plantation – Lord Stones Cafe – Glider Club – Lord Stones Cafe – Cringle Moor – Carlton Bank DH – Cold Moor – Long descent back to Chop Gate

jpacey
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks like a good ride out – any way to pull a gpx from that at all? Ta

brakes
    Free Member

this is where I learned to MTB in the early 90s. awesome part of the world. #halcyondays

CrispyCSW

Here’s a GPX of that route dangeourbrain

survivor

The .gpx isn’t showing any route data. It’s it just me? Tried it with two different readers.

CrispyCSW
    survivor

Cheers. I’ll just manually plot from your map instead.

geolog
    Free Member

FYI the broughton plantation path (under clay bank, cold moor, cringe moor) is all kinds of muddy atm and best avoided if poss. The descent from cold moor to chop gate however seems to have got better over winter, hooray for washed out bridleways.

CrispyCSW

That has been getting bad over the last few years. Is the lower track through Broughton Plantation rideable? To come out just past Cold Moor?

The descent across Cold Moor is one of my favourite ends to a ride, must get back over for a ride soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘route recommendations that include carlton bank DH’ is closed to new replies.