Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Route planning map for distance for roads and cycleways
  • gnusmas

Is there an online map of sorts that a route can be mapped out using cycleways and roads that would give an approximate distance? Trying to work out (in my head) times to cycle different routes before hand as well as distances. Pretty sure i have used something before but can’t remember what it was called.

Thanks

wwaswas

Mapmyride or bikehub might do what you want?

gnusmas

Currently trawling through the internets varying offerings but will definitely check them out. I thought some from the hive might have used something similar at some point and thought it would save me some time looking for something decent.

Thanks for the suggestions.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Bikehike is good for route planning. Shows the cycle routes in one mode.

Doesn’t do times but distance and height gain.

robdob
    Free Member

My first step is Google maps, it’s surprisingly good at following the cycle ways if you select that option. For a longer route where I don’t know the area it’s my first call.

whitestone
    Free Member

I use mapmyride, has an “auto-follow roads” feature which works most of the time – sometimes it decides that the best route is through some dodgy housing estate 😛 Just a case of deleting the last point and choose one that forces it to the road you actually want.

CraigW
    Free Member

Try Cyclestreets or cycle.travel. They are based on OpenStreetMap, and can give some interesting routes, with estimated times.
    http://www.cyclestreets.net/
    http://cycle.travel/map

houndlegs
    Free Member

Another vote for cycle travel as above.

gnusmas

Thanks for all the suggestions, will get looking properly at these now the kids are in bed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Route planning map for distance for roads and cycleways’ is closed to new replies.