Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Route ideas for the Peak
  • joiner
    Free Member

Looking for different routes in the Peak apart from them in the VG books or the classics………

Glynn

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Go to Calderdale instead 😀

joiner
    Free Member

Ull have to show me round sometime DoctorRad…..

jackthedog
    Free Member

OS Maps are your friend.

Kramer
    Free Member

The VG books cover most of them, with the rest being variations on a theme.

Quite a nice one is to go from Edale, up to Hollin’s Cross, then up Rushup edge, following round to pick up the Penine trail, up Kinder Scout, then down Jacob’s Ladder back to Edale – was in one of the rags a few months back, some lovely bridlepath with loads of drop offs. 😀

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

like jackthedog says, OS maps are perfect – get a map and just link up the bridleways.

try looking on multimap – you can get OS maps on there if you didnt know

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Go to Calderdale instead

Calderdale is sh*t. Everyone should ride elsewhere I reckon…

DoctorRad
    Free Member

The new Streetmap.co.uk interface is better. You get Explorers and Landrangers, and can use CTRL +/- on Firefox to zoom out and see more.

sharki
    Free Member

up broken road, down cavedale back up broken rd, down cavedale, up broken rd down cavedale, then in the afternoon, up broken rd, along rushup, down Chapelgate across too A&E, then Pub and anti inflamatories..

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Calderdale is sh*t. Everyone should ride elsewhere I reckon…

Any suggestions?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

cut gate is one of my prefered rides – although its likely to be a bit moist at the mo

higgo
    Free Member

although its likely to be a bit moist at the mo

You reckon?

higgo
    Free Member

Looking for different routes in the Peak apart from them in the VG books or the classics…

Charlesworth to Chinley via Lantern Pike on the way out and Rowarth on the way back.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Tell us how long you want to be out for/how many miles you’re likely to do in such a time and maybe we can suggest something?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

higgo – not sure tbh, just thinking about the tops where it can stay wet for quite a while after a wet spell.

i havent been over that way for a couple of weeks now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Route ideas for the Peak’ is closed to new replies.