Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Route from Scarborough to Dalby??
  • ton

looking for a route from scarborough to dalby incase the snow from the east is too much tomorrow.
    was gonna ride from leeds to cropton, but a route from scarborough to dalby would be good with the snow on my back.

ideas anyone? scenic please.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve ridden it on the main road, the repeated undulating hills make it pretty painfull! Although not quite as painfull as the road from Dalby to Whitby!

cogglepin

You got a day off then Ton?

ratherbeintobago

IIRC there was a loop from Dalby to the coast in one of the mags (?MBR) for which the GPX was available.

I’m sure I downloaded this; if I can find it, is it any use to you?

Andy

(Email is forum username at gmail.com)

Hobster
    Free Member

You could go Scalby, Hackness, Broxa and get into Dalby via Bickley gate

postierich
    Free Member

As Hobster said!

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Not got a link to hand but basically if you want a road ride in to the back of Dalby it’s Scalby – Hackness – Langdale end

For an off road route head to East Ayton, go up the uncklasified road that starts off as Cookrah Road, fork left up to the campsite at the end of the lane and onto the bridleway through the campsite , you’ll need a map but there is a bridleway network that will get you into Dalby

Toasty

Main road would be the easiest. If you’re after a pootle in the countryside you can go from Scarborough past Rainclife woods, to Hackness, then through a few villages into the back entrance to Dalby, lovely ride, very quiet country roads, goes through Langdale End which is another foresty area.

Red route = obvious but boring.
    Blue route = interesting country roads.
    Cross = traily goodness.

You can actually link the two for a 40ish mile loop, really nice on a good day. It used to be my initiation ceremony I did with every new bike as a young ‘un (waaay before the trail center existed and things) 🙂

I’ve made the blue route look shorter, but I think it’s at least the same length as the other to be honest. Certainly feels it 🙂 There’s places to eat in Thornton Le Dale or at the trail head in Dalby.

Toasty

Can’t edit the above as I’ve left it too long, but the blue is the same as Hobster and postierich are suggesting 🙂

ton

that blue route looks perfect…. 8)

thanks for the ideas boys.

Tim, got the weekend off…staying up nr cropton for a couple of nights……hic!!!

cogglepin

Sounds good that Ton! Saw some Picts in Yorkshire Post today of Blakey Ridge with a fair covering of snow!

cogglepin

Sounds good that Ton! Saw some Picts in Yorkshire Post today of Blakey Ridge with a fair covering of snow!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Route from Scarborough to Dalby??’ is closed to new replies.