Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Route from Leeds to Scarborough?
  • blader1611
    Free Member

By any remote chance does anyone have a road route from Leeds to scarborough that avoids most of the heavy traffic and fast roads? I did a great route quite a few years ago and i have pieced together a few villages that i know we went through but its pretty sketchy on my part.

garagebikes
    Free Member

Are you on Strava? Shout up if you are and I’ll stick up the route I did a while back

woody2000

YGM

blader1611
    Free Member

Thanks Woody2000.

Garagebikes – i am on strava, what details do you need?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Coincidentally, I was looking at a route there via Thirsk but staying off the A64/A170. Settrington Hill onto High Street looks like fun.

ahsat

We are looking for a similar route, though stopping at Malton.

blader1611
    Free Member

Ahsat – i may have a route that will be of interest for you, i will fire up the lap top tonight and send you the names of villages it goes through and you should be able to piece it together easy enough (it does go through Malton).

tinribz
    Free Member

Take a look at the Sustrans maps. The way of the roses goes to Bridlington from York and is well sign posted. Or there is a more northerly turn off through Malton.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Way Of The Roses is very very good. No it’s not a short route but a delight – I’ve lived and travelled in the area for years but Sustrans found lovely little roads all over the place for that route that keep you away from big roads. Seen plenty of kids do it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Route from Leeds to Scarborough?’ is closed to new replies.