Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Route from Baildon (Bradford) to Sheffield
  • Pieface

I am trying to plan a route from Baildon (North of Bradford) to Sheffield that can be completed in about 6 hours that avoids most of the built up areas around Halifax and Huddersfield. Once I get to Holmfirth I can pick up the TPT to Sheffield.

Would prefer quiet roads / hardpack bridleway as I'll be carrying camping gear and will be using semi-slicks on a rigid MTB.

I don't need to start from Baildon but was planning on staying overnight there with my parents. Would consider camping near Hebden Bridge or Haworth if that makes my route more viable.

Any local knowledge much appreciated.

Pieface

Sustrans route 68 looks like it could be good, but the markings on Streetmap run out halfway between Sowerby Bridge and Holmfirth. Does anyone have a link or info about where it goes? don't fancy spending £5 on one of their crap maps that I might not even use.

Thanks

ton

from baildon head for low moor bradford and get on the greenway that will run you to ravensthorpe.
    left on canal to horbury bridge, then follow the route of the calder/derwent walk to penistone, then tpt into sheffield.

no hills at all hardly……. 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pieface

Thanks ton, that sounds quite good but I'm lacking a bit of local knowledge and streetmap's not giving much away, so a couple of Qs –

I guess the Greenway (route 66) starts here

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=416512&y=428280&z=120&sv=416512,428280&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=656&ax=416512&ay=428280&lm=0

Then from Horbury Bridge to Penistone, is this route 38? Do I go through Midgley or does the disused railway take to near Darton and then onto Dearne Valley way?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Route from Baildon (Bradford) to Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.