Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Route advice sedbergh, Kirby lonsdale area.
  • karnali
    Free Member

I’m at Kirkby lonsdale tomorrow for a meeting. I was going to park up at sedbergh and ride down to the meeting on the cx bike and come back via dent on the roads.

Are there any good cx routes that I could take on way back instead. Or any 2 hour mtb routes in the area given its quite dry that are worth doing starting with KL or sedbergh area and I’ll just drive to meeting and go on mtb after?

Many thanks

whitestone
    Free Member

Not sure about CX routes but there’s an MTB route in Yorkshire Dales South that goes from Devil’s Bridge up to Bull Pot Farm, down in to Barbondale then traverses along the foot of the fell back to DB. One big climb at the start to get to Bull Pot Farm but not much thereafter.

danposs86
    whitestone
    Free Member

That pedal north route matches what I describe as far as Barbon but go east then south to this point http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=363462&Y=481045&A=Y&Z=120 and follow the BW along the foot of the fell, cross the outbound route and back on road at Bindloss Farm. This BW will be dry at the moment.

You get to go past some Andy Goldsworthy installation art as well 8)

alibongo001

Call in to Escape cycles and ask Sam for some ideas!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Route advice sedbergh, Kirby lonsdale area.’ is closed to new replies.