Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Route advice please (NE Scotland)
  • druidh
    Free Member

Swithering about a C2C2C which would run from Fort Bill to Spey Bay/Buckie and then back to Aberdeen or Stonehaven. Any suggestions for this second leg? As little tarmac as possible, but landy tracks, cycle paths etc are all fair game.

hairyscary

This would be more like C2CCC. Not sure if it is all rideable though.

http://www.northseatrail.org/index.php/en/maps

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – I hadn't really considered going coastal.

Joining up a few paths along to Fraserburgh, and then picking up the old railway line to Dyce would be an option….

hairyscary

If you're going to Dyce I could just give you a lift when I go to work 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Err – methinks you're sort of missing the point 😆

kennyp
    Free Member

What would the initial route be? Fort Bill to Kinlochleven on the WHW, then across Rannoch to Corrour, then past Ben Alder and Dalwhinnie? Or up the GGW and over the Corrieyairack? Or something else?

druidh
    Free Member

Thinking FB – GGW – FA – Corrieyairack – Laggan – Glen Truim – Phones – Ruthven – Inshriach Forest – Aviemore and the Speyside Way. A bit circuitous, but joining up some bit I want to ride with some fast, easy stuff to make distance.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

When you doing this Druidh?

kennyp
    Free Member

I keep thinking about something similar, but the biking would finish at somewhere like Grantown, and for the Spey I'd use canoes. The logistics of it all are the problem though, without someone willing (daft?) enough to act as a support vehicle driving bikes and canoes about.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Route advice please (NE Scotland)’ is closed to new replies.