Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • route advice please, fort william to corrour station?
  • davo
    Free Member

going to fort bill for a few days riding in april and fancy riding the west highland way to kinlochleven up past blackwater dam to loch chiarain, loch treig , corrour station. then catch the train back to fort william. can this be done in a day? or would the route ride better starting at corrour station? plus i like to ride my bike, not carry it up mountains or swim across rivers with it. any info would help?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have done the section from kinlochleven up the doubletrack to Loch Eilde Mor down to Loch treig and on to corrour. That is fairly straightforward. the section of singletrack down the abhainn rath is rather faint and boggy and you have to ford the river. Scenic but no gnarly apart for teh singletrack

The route you suggest is possible I believe but probably better done the other way as corrour is at 1200 ft or something and fort william at sea level You would get to do the ceiran ( sp) path descent as well

Nice ride tho. You always end up with hikabike to get the good stuff in the highlands

davo
    Free Member

thanks for that, but i was thinking of going gleann loairean instead of loch eilde mor.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘route advice please, fort william to corrour station?’ is closed to new replies.