Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Route advice- Lordstones Cafe NYM.. Ton?? Deejay??
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Having a brain melt.. How do you get around to Lordstones Cafe from Black Hambleton,,, dobyou just follow the Pennine Way??

smogmonster

Two ways – Low Cote Farm, Arnsgill Ridge, Barkers Ridge, Bilsdale West Moor – or, and slightly more (cough) cheeky, Whitestones Ridge, Swainby Shooting House, Stony Ridge, Clain Woods, Scugdale, Barkers Crag, Barkers Ridge, Bilsdale West Moor. Take your pick.

davo
    Free Member

does anyone know how bad the snow is in that area.i fancy a ride up there tomorrow starting from sneck yate.

DeeJay
    Free Member

Nick – what are you planning? – Arnsgill & Barkers Ridge would be my choice

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Deejay,I'm just trying to remember how to get to it from the bottom (Osmotherly ) end of Black Hambleton..

Starting at he visitors centre, then across the top- Like we did when you guided..

Just trying to figure out how to join up to Lordstones..

I know the walking route, just didn't know if you could ride the Pennine Way???

DeeJay
    Free Member

Methinks you mean the Cleveland Way.
    As Smogmonster said there are a couple of ways – the other option is to take the road from Square Corner, pass the Chequers and turn R onto High Lane – nice steppy rocky bit of trail – a bit of road then re join the Cleveland Way, down the steps in the woods into Scugdale, up the road to Scugdale Hall then up and over Barkers Crags – might be a bit shorter but I prefer my first choice.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Excellent DeeJay.. Thanks for the heads up.. and yes, your right I do mean the cleaveland way..

I should know it..

I did the Lyke Wake Walke a couple of weeks ago…

Thanks again.. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Route advice- Lordstones Cafe NYM.. Ton?? Deejay??’ is closed to new replies.